The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   opinions on field boots - zip or pull? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/opinions-field-boots-zip-pull-32678/)

PoohLP 07-28-2009 05:09 PM

opinions on field boots - zip or pull?

Hi everyone. I'd love to hear your opinions on whether you prefer the zip-up or the pull-on field boots. I'm thinking I want to get a pair in the next few months (or maybe for xmas) and I'm leaning toward traditional pull-on boots, because I'd think they would conform to my leg better once broken in, but I know the zips are very popular for convenience. (it's always nice not to need two people and a boot jack to take your boot off! :p )

I've only ever had pull-ons in field boots and recently discovered that I don't like the zip-up paddocks by trial and error. But while it is one thing to buy and not like a $70 pair of paddock boots, it is a whole other story with the much more expensive field boots.

I'd especially like opinions from people who have used both kinds, but any helpful information would be awesome. Also, preferred brands? I really like my Ariat paddock boots, so am leaning that way, but not set on it.

Thanks!

rosie9r 07-28-2009 05:43 PM

I really prefer zip up field boots over pull on boots. I have some Nouvelle Zip Up boots that have really lasted a long time. I really like the convenience of just unzipping them instead of having to get someone to pull them off for me lol.

EquitationStar 07-28-2009 10:35 PM

When I bought my first pair I really wanted zip-ups but when I tried both types on I found that the pull-ons looked a lot nicer on my leg. You should try both types on and see what you think from there. :)

kathryn 07-28-2009 11:27 PM

I love love love my Ariat zip ups. They break in fast and are soooo comfy!

IrishRider 07-29-2009 12:46 PM

I have Ariat zip ups also and they are great.