The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   My Photography! Critique away! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/my-photography-critique-away-32805/)

Jillyann 07-30-2009 02:24 AM

My Photography! Critique away!

I have been interested in photography for many many years. about 4 years to be exact. I have taken 2 courses in school, and they have taught me A LOT! I know I still have some stuff to learn, but please critique whatever you can! Be honest!! Tell me what you think I could work on, or what are my stronger points ect. :lol:

I have to many photos to post, so just go to my photobucket...

Photography pictures by JillianAnn2008 - Photobucket

Only 1 or 2 of these pictures AT MOST are edited.

Also, these are just my digital pictures. I have an entire portfolio FILLED with film pictures. I dont have them scanned onto my computer though. Maybe when I get a few minutes I'll get to it one of these days.

Twilight Arabians 07-30-2009 02:38 AM

great pictures!! sorry i suck at critique! :-) i keep thinking about posting my own pictures for critique but I'm suck a chicken... What camera do you have? i see a few things wrong but I'm not good at putting thoughts into words really... the main thing i would do is edit out the people, cars, and out of place objects, they distract you from the rest of the photo. hope i helped a little!!

Amba1027 07-30-2009 02:40 AM

Very nice pictures! I think you definatly have an eye for composition. You just need to watch the lighting on some of them.

Jillyann 07-30-2009 02:40 AM

Thank you! My camera is a Samsung S730

Cremello 07-30-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amba1027 (Post 364510)
Very nice pictures! I think you definatly have an eye for composition. You just need to watch the lighting on some of them.

I totally agree.

Jillyann 07-30-2009 11:23 AM

Just curious, what pictures look like the lighting is off? I think I know what you mean when you say that, but I wanna see the picture(s) you are talking about?

racer179 07-30-2009 12:13 PM

id say that your pictures are average, nothing over that or nothing above.

Jillyann 07-30-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer179 (Post 364745)
id say that your pictures are average, nothing over that or nothing above.

Thanks. I think my pictures are pretty good!:D

1dog3cats17rodents 07-30-2009 09:53 PM

I like them! Interesting angles, and most have great lighting. A few have lighting problems, but most are good

SpiritJordanRivers 07-30-2009 10:05 PM

They're really good. Some are better than others like I LOVE the one where your horse is jumping (bottom of the first page). Watch out, on the dog pic, legs of another dog are in the shot, makes it look a little odd, but the dog is cute! <3 Try some eyeshots of horses, they can look pretty cool. I LOVE photography too, but I'm mostly equine (www.thefrillsphotography.blogspot.com) You can create your own photography blog and blogspot.com. Some do have a little bit of a lighting problem but I really like the berry or tomatoe one on the second page. I love the blurry background and the berry/tomatoe was focused. Overall, very nice. You've got talent and I love your horse, she's very pretty :)