The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Lesson Canceled. (Rant) (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/lesson-canceled-rant-32819/)

Brighteyes 07-30-2009 10:09 AM

Lesson Canceled. (Rant)

Ok, I'm angry. My lesson just got cancelled for the seventh time. I hate summer; it bores the heck out of me, so lessons and spending time with my horse really is the only thing that makes it bearable.

Anyway, the first time it got canceled was rain. I rescheduled for three days later. Guess what? It rained that day too, even though it was suppose to be sunny.

Well, the second and third times, my mom over slept and didn't wake me up. I was a little mad, but how can you be anger with your own mother?

Fourth time, my step dad was having chest pains and had to go the hospital. Well, I can't be mad about that. I would give up plenty of lessons to make sure he was fine. He was. :-)

Fifth and sixth time was my mom being to tired to take me.

Seventh; rain again. :cry: Another week, another missed lesson.

I'm much a brat sometimes, but these things just irritate me to no end.

iridehorses 07-30-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighteyes (Post 364644)
Ok, I'm angry.
Well, the second and third times, my mom over slept and didn't wake me up. I was a little mad, but how can you be anger with your own mother?

???????

themacpack 07-30-2009 10:17 AM

That has got to be very frustrating. Is there any way you can arrange a different ride to the stables, it seems that getting you there is not a high priority for your mom considering at least 4 of the misses were due (in some part - 2 and 3 I would suggest an alarm of your own rather than relying on her to wake you) to her? Have you asked her flat out if she really WANTS you to be riding/going to the lessons? It seems that maybe she doesn't.

goldilockz 07-30-2009 10:21 AM

Set your alarm and wake Mom up!!

Husband's lessons have been rescheduled for about 3 weeks now, too. Colorado supposedly has 300 days of sunshine a year. This year the state seems to think it's Florida and has thunderstorms every afternoon.

Brighteyes 07-30-2009 11:03 AM

~iridehorses: I have a hard time holding grudges against family; except Aunt What's-her-name. I don't like her much at all.

~themacpack: She really loves me to go down there and spend time with the horses. I asked her upon your suggestions, and she just said that everything's been so hectic with school shopping with my sister, trying to get moved, etc.

~Goldilockz: Ha ha, I wish I could. Alarm clocks just don't seem to work for me. Well, one time I put on phone alarm on, stuck it in my pillow, and the vibration woke me up. Maybe I'll try that... :D
Oh, and those dang weather people... I would rather predict rain by using the 'how many cows are laying down?' test.

mls 07-30-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighteyes (Post 364671)
~iridehorses: I have a hard time holding grudges against family; except Aunt What's-her-name. I don't like her much at all.

I think what he is trying to say is you did say you were a little mad.

Oversleeping seems to be a theme. Perhaps the lesson should be set for later in the day?

Brighteyes 07-30-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mls (Post 364673)
I think what he is trying to say is you did say you were a little mad.

Oversleeping seems to be a theme. Perhaps the lesson should be set for later in the day?

Hm... my rants always tend towards being a bit wordy... communicating isn't my strong point... Let's just say that I was mad, but not like 'I'm going to kill you!'

Oh, and that's one of the smartest thing's I've heard all day. :D Late lesson; that would work out really, really well for me. I'm a night-ish person anyhow.

Jillyann 07-30-2009 11:22 AM

Maybe you should try night lessons?

themacpack 07-30-2009 11:24 AM

If you are this frustrated, I can only imagine how irritating it must be for the instructor. I mean, they were planning on the lessons as much as you were and four have been missed for oversleeping/not feeling like making the drive? They must be very understanding as a lot of people I know would be ready to drop the lessons all together with that kind of responsiveness.

Jillyann 07-30-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themacpack (Post 364694)
If you are this frustrated, I can only imagine how irritating it must be for the instructor. I mean, they were planning on the lessons as much as you were and four have been missed for oversleeping/not feeling like making the drive? They must be very understanding as a lot of people I know would be ready to drop the lessons all together with that kind of responsiveness.

That would definitely happen at my barn! The dropping the lessons altogether.:lol: