The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Not sure how to title this... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/not-sure-how-title-32820/)

rodeogirl309 07-30-2009 11:09 AM

Not sure how to title this...

I leased a QH mare from my neighbor for 7 months (for 4H & Fair). My lease ran out this month, so I'm no longer working with her as of now. I wanted to lease her again for 4H next year and go farther with competitions than we did this year. Anyways, her owner just sent me an email that wasn't supposed to go to me by mistake. It said: Hi "person", Here are some pictures of "horse". Let me know if you would be interested in the lease or if you would like to see her. Thanks "owner"

I'm quite upset. I know she's not my horse but I really bonded with her over the time I leased her. I did lots of training on her too to get her ready for shows and the fair. I also spent a crap load of my own money for tack, and other things for her. This is why I want my own horse. Then I don't have to worry about other people riding them. :cry:

I don't know, I guess I'm worried that when/if I do lease her next year for 4H, I'll have to start over with all my training because I will have no idea what this person will be doing with her. Ugh, I am really mad/sad about this...

goldilockz 07-30-2009 11:36 AM

Well, the situation is sad, but the owner has every right to lease her to another person if you are not currently leasing her. Can you continue your lease even when it's not 4H season?

themacpack 07-30-2009 11:37 AM

Had you told the owner you wanted to renew the lease? If so, what was their response? If not, can't really blame the owner for trying to get someone on the lease ASAP at the end of your obligation.
That said, I can totally understand how upset you must be. If you haven't already, talk to the owner about wanting to renew yourself.

rodeogirl309 07-30-2009 11:44 AM

No, we hadn't planned on anything until next 4H season. I don't blame her, it just seems really fast. Fair ended just a week ago and she already has somebody :-|

themacpack 07-30-2009 11:51 AM

I do understand. Having things lined up, though, is only smart "business" on her part.

Jillyann 07-30-2009 11:57 AM

ahh! I feel really bad for you! because I am leasing a horse as well, and have been sense April 1st. I couldnt imagine what I would do if her owner took her away! But I dont think it will happen. *knocks on wood*

themacpack 07-30-2009 12:01 PM

I really sympathize for those who don't have actual ownership of the horse(s) they love. I can't imagine how hard it is to be separated from them.

rodeogirl309 07-30-2009 12:03 PM

Yea, it's weird though. I just talked with her owner on...Tuesday, gave her a thank you card and she said "Well whenever you want, just give me a call if you want to come ride her." I'm not complaining, it's just a little tough. She's the first horse I really bonded with...

Jillyann 07-30-2009 12:05 PM

Yeah, same here. I can imagine how you feel. Have you talked to the owner sense she mistakenly sent you that email?

morganshow11 07-30-2009 12:11 PM

Well istead of leasing a horse and spending all your money on the payment, save up for a good 500-700 dollar horse and train it so you can reall get a strong bond