The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   I wasnt sure where to put this so. . . (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/i-wasnt-sure-where-put-so-32855/)

friafreedom756 07-30-2009 09:22 PM

I wasnt sure where to put this so. . .

I have been riding for about 5 years now, and only stand about 5 feet tall. Ive always taken lessons at a barn, but now ive been training by boyfriends mare. Weve worked for about 5 months, and shes doing great!!! bf's mom bought me a showcoat and everything, and im going to a 4H show in a couple weeks. Ive showed in our county fair, but its now big and its just for fun. This one has about 50 horses and is so much more ritzier. I cannot find tall boots I can wear, its impossible. No one around my town or county does shoe repairs to get them cut down. They are too big in heigh and width, im only 85 punds and have stick legs. can I show in short riding boots, or is there another, better solution. Thanks for your help!

lovemyponies 07-31-2009 04:00 AM

you can show in short boots, however you might look online for a different pair of boots or send them off to be fixed

Scoutrider 07-31-2009 07:20 AM

I totally sympathize! I'm 5 ft 2, and I looked for weeks for boots that would fit right. I would look on eBay if you have measurements. Sometimes you can find lightly used custom boots there. If you can (or haven't yet), try to get to a tack store and try some on. I actually ended up buying a pair I tried on in the store after I discovered that what sounded like it would be too big fit about perfectly, especially after being broken in. They will be too tall at first, and painful unil they're broken in, but the height will drop by as much as 2 inches for some boots.

I have also seen half chaps, I think Ariat was the brand, that are designed to look like the uppers of tall boots that may be an option (I've never seen them in person or being used, though, so I don't know if they look enough like tall boots for showing).

Live2Jump 07-31-2009 08:32 AM

i would use short riding boots and leather chaps they're expensive but they'll last long if you look after them. i would use sweade for everyday riding :) x