How to be a good boarder
I am a Barn Owner and these things bug the crap out of me! I have been a boarder and I've designed my facility with the average boarder in mind.
- Teach your horse manners. Your horse should be able to go from it's stall to a pasture and back with no issues. This also includes standing for the farrier and standing in the cross ties.
-MONITOR your kids and dogs. IF they are bad, leave them at home or in the car.
- You say your horse won't allow things over his head, will freak out if I clean his stall while I'm in there ect.. This will have to happen at ANY boarding facility you go to.. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO FIX THIS or I will do it and charge you for that training.
-If you horse craps any where other than his stall. PICK IT UP.
- Don't touch other people's horses or their stuff unless you have permission from the owner.
-It is your responsibility to take a HARD look at the place you will be boarding your horse. It is one thing to notice a new hazard and point it out but if it has been there from day one you don't get to gripe about it 3 months later.
- Read the RULES and Re-Read them from time to time. If you have questions ASK.
- Don't drag the BO into every little disagreement between you and another boarder. Try to settle it like adults first please.
- No we don't pick your horse over with a fine toothed come every hour and remember that your horse will still manage to kill himself in a concrete box while wrapped from head to toe in bubble wrap! Its NOT OUR FAULT.
- Don't give your horse extra hay, feed or bedding unless you pay for it yourself.
- STOP expecting something for nothing! If you want something done different for your horse.. EXPECT to pay for it. Consider it a favor if we don't charge you and remember it the next time you think about griping about something.
It certainly sounds like you've had quite the experience with some special people!
AMEN to this! You hit the nail on the head. We are really reasonably priced for board and I love our boarders, so I will do favors sometimes, but it seems they always expect me to go above and beyond for nothing. One of my boarders asks me about her horses poop ALL the time. It's one thing if he's in, but she's asks when he's been out for days. Sorry but I don't search the field to see how your horses is pooping.
Also it seems that people just can't pick up after themselves. It's so annoying because I work really hard to keep everything neat and tidy.
Overall I really like my boarders, and I don't have any huge complaints, but once and awhile it's just like are you kidding me?
LOL I have one of those poop ladies too! What set me off today is I have a lady who got all butthurt because I moved her horse over a stall because he was fighting really bad with the horse he was next to and they were tearing apart my stalls! I'm like in the rules it states that I reserve the right to move a horse to minimize wear and tear on my facility.
HAHA people are just crazy. Horse people seem to be the craziest of all. We've had to do that too, but luckily the boarder didn't care. We have this one lady who just can't pick up after herself. Everyday she is out I go out after and I find something she has left out. I just don't get why it's so hard to just put everything away and pick up poop. She is getting a little better though.
I showed your list to me my mom. She LOVED it lol.
You forgot one - pay your board ON TIME!
Haha that's a good list.
OH YEA! I forgot about that one.. I have those people too... I don't care if your on vacation! Mail the dang check! Before I go on vacation and not feed your horse.. :oP
What really really bugs me is I have the cleanest, horse safe facility in the county (and one of the cheapest) and they look at me like its my fault their horse has a stupid scratch! WTF and its usually the people who have $5 old nags they got at the kill auction that get into everything that expect the red carpet and Caesar's palace for a $1. This aint dollar general people! Get over youself!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.