The Horse Forum banner

My son's first day with a pony (cuteness overload)

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Prinella 
#1 ·
Today my barn friend let my son try out her daughter's pony. He has ridden the ponies at the zoo before, but this is his first REAL barn time. I think he did really well for his age and had no problem paying attention and following directions. I thought his autism would get in the way but it didn't even seem to come in to play except for a couple of "ear flapping" moments. By the way, ear flapping to him is like clapping and shouting Hooray to any other kid, it's a good thing. Oh, and he even started mimiking my clicking to her to walk. Whenever she would stop he would say "go" and then "click click."

Can I touch it???
Horse Shetland pony Pony Mammal Bridle

I must give it a kiss!
Horse Mammal Pony Shetland pony Mane

Giddyup!
Shetland pony Horse Pony Bridle Riding instructor

See less See more
1 3
#12 ·
Today my barn friend let my son try out her daughter's pony. He has ridden the ponies at the zoo before, but this is his first REAL barn time. I think he did really well for his age and had no problem paying attention and following directions. I thought his autism would get in the way but it didn't even seem to come in to play except for a couple of "ear flapping" moments. By the way, ear flapping to him is like clapping and shouting Hooray to any other kid, it's a good thing. Oh, and he even started mimiking my clicking to her to walk. Whenever she would stop he would say "go" and then "click click."

Can I touch it???
View attachment 337593

I must give it a kiss!
View attachment 337609

Giddyup!
View attachment 337617

Michael leading Jazzy - YouTube
That is absolutely adorable. Did he say he wants to come back and see the pony again?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.