The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   what do I do with this goose? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/what-do-i-do-goose-33094/)

Sophie19 08-03-2009 09:26 AM

what do I do with this goose?

There is a Canadian goose in my front yard. I live in a fairly urban area, and have never had a goose in my yard. He seems to walk around fine but I have yet to see him attempt to fly. He will walk right up to me. I tried to lure it into my dogs crate but he wouldn't go in. Smells to much like dog I guess. I would like to capture it and take it to my vet to see if anything is wrong with it. But I don't know how to catch it. Should I leave it be? We gave it some dog kibble and a water bowl. It's just hanging out in my front yard now.

Sophie19 08-03-2009 09:27 AM

Also it seems kind of small for a Canadian goose. Maybe it is a young goose?

themacpack 08-03-2009 09:37 AM

Contact your local animal control or wildlife rescue group - they will be best suited to address the issue.

racer179 08-03-2009 11:45 AM

agreed with themackpack. it is a young goose and he's probably just lost and doesnt know what to do. lol, if he is still there, give him bread instead of dog kibble lol haha ! here in saskatchewan, every spring, when the young ones are hatched, the ppl feed bread to the geese and stuff, they like it so yeah.

White Foot 08-03-2009 11:52 AM

I had a pet Canadian goose and it followed me around like I was its mom. Unfortunately it got eaten by a coyote.

My2Geldings 08-03-2009 12:25 PM

Leave it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophie19 (Post 367718)
There is a Canadian goose in my front yard. I live in a fairly urban area, and have never had a goose in my yard. He seems to walk around fine but I have yet to see him attempt to fly. He will walk right up to me. I tried to lure it into my dogs crate but he wouldn't go in. Smells to much like dog I guess. I would like to capture it and take it to my vet to see if anything is wrong with it. But I don't know how to catch it. Should I leave it be? We gave it some dog kibble and a water bowl. It's just hanging out in my front yard now.

Why would you try to catch a wild animal??

Unless it's obviously in a condition where it might be dying and you have the money and are willing to spend time and that money to care for it, let it be.

Let nature takes it's course.

RegalCharm 08-04-2009 10:28 AM

Roast Goose. yummmy. LOL j/k

Walkamile 08-05-2009 08:25 PM

Hmmmm.....good thing the goose didn't land at Regal Charm's place or his goose would be cooked! :shock::lol:

close2prfct 08-05-2009 09:00 PM

my neighbor has a whole flock that come here every year hatch out babies and move on occasionally one or two will hang out with his own ducks/geese all year and never leave. He just lets them be

RegalCharm 08-05-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkamile (Post 370301)
Hmmmm.....good thing the goose didn't land at Regal Charm's place or his goose would be cooked! :shock::lol:

LOL, yea Christmas Goose. wild rice, yams, sweet tater pie.
and green salad. Yummmmmy......oh, and a nice wine.

and I am a good cook too.

As one forum friend (female) said
I have a nice tummy for sleeping on. :shock: (scratching head, how would she know). LOL (after looking at a pic of my 4month old granddaughter and I asleep at the computer. LOL....