The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Great dressage test!! (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/great-dressage-test-33109/)

Hoofprints in the Sand 08-03-2009 12:43 PM

Great dressage test!!

7 Attachment(s)
I had an Eventing Mini Trial this weekend and although I fell off during cross country and got myself eliminated lol (see my "frustrated about show" thread haha!!), I did have a FABULOUS dressage test at least! :D

My score was a 32.5 which in the Eventing world is pretty good (goes by penalty points so you want lower, not higher). It's my personal best in the 5 shows I've done so far and I'm just so proud of Sandie and what she's learned so far (she and I have been together 9 months and we're both green so it's a big accomplishment whenever we get a score like this!)

Here are some pics (and it was our first show with my new dressage saddle too, which I think really helped my position too!). The judges actually gave us a lot of good compliments which I was so excited about (they normally don't say anything to us afterwards, just write out the scores/critiques) so to hear it from them right after the test was a great feeling!

welshpony15 08-03-2009 06:48 PM

I love seeing photo's of you two.. you just look like such a perfect match for each other! Congrats on getting a great score, its always nice to come home and know that you've accomplished something that day! Even if it wasnt quite so good on the XC leg.

Well done :D

LiveToJump 08-03-2009 06:59 PM

Congrats, that is a really good score!
She looks like she is tracking up more in the Trot, and appears to be a lot more relaxed than she was in the very first event photos you posted. Kudos!

StormyBlues 08-04-2009 12:41 PM

YEAAAAAA! Great job! Sorry I've been MIA for awhile, but I'm back and can't wait to see you and Sandie doing well more! Oh and I think you should start taking vitemens, aperently Sandie thinks you aren't getting enough minerals! :P

Jillyann 08-04-2009 12:46 PM

I always say this in all of your threads, but you and your horse are so amazing, literally the perfect pair in my eyes!! hehe

Hoofprints in the Sand 08-04-2009 05:14 PM

Thanks so much everybody!! :-) Stormy, glad you're back!

Hoofprints in the Sand 08-04-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveToJump (Post 368246)
Congrats, that is a really good score!
She looks like she is tracking up more in the Trot, and appears to be a lot more relaxed than she was in the very first event photos you posted. Kudos!

Thank you!! That's so nice to hear since we've been working towards it! :-)

AussieDaisyGirl 08-04-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welshpony15 (Post 368243)
I love seeing photo's of you two.. you just look like such a perfect match for each other! Congrats on getting a great score, its always nice to come home and know that you've accomplished something that day! Even if it wasnt quite so good on the XC leg.

Well done :D

Couldn't agree more!

StormyBlues 08-04-2009 06:08 PM

Thanks! Glad I'm back!