The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   neglect??? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/neglect-33184/)

chika1235 08-04-2009 10:59 AM

neglect???

i have a neighbor whp has recently got horses 3 of them,a pony a tn walker and a arabian quarter type horse,well the tn walker is little he looks about two to me,and he loojks skinny you can see his ribs and hip bones,and he has this big swollen back right leg,it looks like the skin has just been ripped off,there is a scab there but flies are evrywhere on him and he limps when he walks,i never see the owner mess with him,the other horses look healthy to me,fat energectic,etc.ill try to get pics when i go out to ride lightning,(their pasture is right next to where i ride,they are currently in a large overgrown pasture.im debating whether or not to call horse haven of tn to come and look at them because the owner is the owner iof a feed/tack store and has everything needed to care for the horses,and i doubt he even knows that the horse has that scar.the owner is really nice in fact he is the one that sold me lightning and thunder to me and they were both in good health and trained well.i only met him twice though and i have no idea how he takes care of his animals feed wise.any help on whether i should call horse haven would be great!!!ill get pics soon as im about to go out and ride.

themacpack 08-04-2009 11:01 AM

Your post is a bit hard to follow. Are you unsure that the horse's owner is aware of the injury? If so, and if you know him (as it seems in what I have taken from the post), why not ask him about it?

farmpony84 08-04-2009 11:04 AM

If I read that right, the owner just recently got the horses, which means they were already in that shape. Maybe they are rescues?

ilovemyPhillip 08-04-2009 11:08 AM

Hmm. I cant help you. Your post is hard to follow.

Barrelracer Up 08-04-2009 01:38 PM

You need to explain it again.

But if the owner is nice you may want to talk to him.
Nothing gets me more aggravated than someone calling in the big guns when a quick conversation would have cleared the air. Not to say it is wrong to call the humane society or whatnot after you have stated you peace and the situation isn't improving.

G and K's Mom 08-04-2009 01:49 PM

Take a walk and talk to him. This is a no brain-er,especially if you already know the man.