The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Contests (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-contests/)
-   -   Please finish your contest... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-contests/please-finish-your-contest-33287/)

Velvetgrace 08-05-2009 07:13 PM

Please finish your contest...

I have seen a couple of contest started on here and never seen them finish with a voting or results. People are on here for fun and have dilberatly put in the time to submit entries, but then get stuck out in the cold when the original poster does not close the contest or even ask for a vote with results.

I am sorry to sound pushy, but kinda frustrated over this ordeal and have stopped (or considerably slowed down) looking at this tread for the same reason.

MIEventer 08-05-2009 07:15 PM

Yeah I couldn't agree more. I now just completely skip the contest section now, and clear all posts there by clicking on "mark forum read" and then move on my way.

I also want to state that it is very tacky for the person who started the contest, to submit photo's of their own. This should not be permitted.

MN Tigerstripes 08-05-2009 07:43 PM

I have to agree with both of you. Its really annoying to put the time into submitting pics and never end up with a contest.

Vidaloco 08-05-2009 07:49 PM

Sorry everyone, I can't think of anything the mods can do to stop this. I know its frustrating to take the time to choose and enter a photo and then not have any outcome.
Folks, if your going to start a contest please see it through to announcing a winner.

I'll make a post in the mod section. Maybe we can come up with a set of rules.

Sunny06 08-05-2009 11:34 PM

I don't ever check the 1st places anymore because no one ever announces them :P

Joshie 08-05-2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vidaloco (Post 370212)
Sorry everyone, I can't think of anything the mods can do to stop this. I know its frustrating to take the time to choose and enter a photo and then not have any outcome.
Folks, if your going to start a contest please see it through to announcing a winner.

I'll make a post in the mod section. Maybe we can come up with a set of rules.

Couldn't something be added to the Etiquette Policy? I also don't think it's good form at all when people enter a contest that they are running.

Vidaloco 08-06-2009 10:48 AM

I would hope to figure some way of judging and finishing abandoned contests. Like if its been 30 days or so and no winners.

goldilockz 08-06-2009 10:50 AM

If I participate in a contest, it's for the fun of participating. It's a free forum with free contests, and I just don't take them so seriously as to get upset if the contest seems to go on forever and ever.

Sunny06 08-06-2009 10:52 AM

^^ True, but you have to admit it is a little irritating. Just a wee bit??

goldilockz 08-06-2009 10:54 AM

In my opinion, regarding this particular issue on this board where the prize is usually a carrot cookie or something? Not really. I just like to see the entries, I don't care who wins.