The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Kind of weird and vulgar... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/kind-weird-vulgar-33504/)

hotreddun 08-09-2009 12:03 PM

Kind of weird and vulgar...

Ok...I have a friend who LOVES Clinton Anderson and I see a time and a place for his techniques although I'm definitely not a devout follower of any of the "tv personality" trainers. But I thought this was kind of weird and vulgar. The video sounds like one of those late night "it can slice and dice in a single stroke all for $9.99!" kind of things. I was waiting for the voice to say "You can order your Signature horse in any color and size desired!!" And $25,000!! Holy shnikies! I would respect him more if he rescued horses and turned them out for cheaper prices instead of catering to the rich and famous that want a wind up toy. I also didn't like how they referred to the horses as "products"...but that "product" does have a 30-day money back guarantee...I wonder if you have to show a receipt?

THE LINK:
http://www.downunderhorsemanship.com...ure_horses.cfm

MIEventer 08-09-2009 12:19 PM

lol, that is marketing for you - a true salesman. You have to give them their paycheque you know, so they'll perfect their skills to hook, line and sink ya.

horseoffire 08-09-2009 12:42 PM

Thats weird, and it says you meet Clinton for a personal training sesion and ranch ride. Its all a bit odd.

AussieDaisyGirl 08-09-2009 09:52 PM

Yeh that's a bit over the top.

Brighteyes 08-09-2009 10:02 PM

*TV Personality Voice:*

And, for 1,000 for dollars, you get to pick what color you want. Choices include bay, buckskin, black, and dun! Don't miss out on this great offer! And wait! If you order in the next 30 seconds, you get to choose two colors!

*Eel stripes or similar markings are 500 dollars extra.

Jessabel 08-10-2009 12:48 AM

That was bizarre. I'm liking Clinton Anderson less and less every time I hear about him.

And did you see when those two people were on the trail and they never once leaned forward going up the hills? Way to just sit there like a jackass and make your horses do every bit of the work. I wonder if they do the same thing going dowhill...

Luv 2 Trail 08-10-2009 04:49 PM

:shock:GEEZE!!! I've heard a fool and his money soon part.....

lovemyponies 08-10-2009 04:58 PM

the ride on the property valued at $2,000 ???? I hope that comes with spa treatments, lobster dinner and a massage !!! (for the horse too)

Vidaloco 08-10-2009 05:03 PM

I still like him but geeze gotta get a gimmick I guess. If I had $25k to spend on a horse I guess I'd buy one...like thats ever going to happen :lol:

Barbarosa 08-11-2009 10:36 AM

They can also cut millions of Julian fries. But wait that's not all order today and get a free poop scoop "you know we cant do this all day".

Actually that's not uncommon Craig Cameron was doing the same thing Ken McNabb, Cris Cox, and yes Parelli too. They all sell the horses they train and big names demand big bucks. Some friends of ours, who keep a herd of about 60 head do the same thing. No TV ads, but they prefer to give riding lessons and take the price of lessons off the horse, if you buy it from them. That way you learn to train and ride the horse you are buying. They have had many horses returned from even experienced riders that aren't matched to that horse, (they sell peruvian pasos, and train horses for cowboy mounted shooting) Some people buy the horse because of color or looks. Some have experiance but never had a gaited horse. This way they can match horse to rider, from personality to ability, and help riders learn to ride a gaited horse, and learn how the horse was trained. It ends up being better for both horse and rider, with more happy return customers. I know the best money I ever spent was when I took a green broke QH to them to finish out. They said they would do it, but they would rather teach me to finish the mare myself. I took the mare to their place and went by for lessons after work. Within a couple weeks we were more than horse and rider, we were partners.