The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Taking my first lesson in years on Thurs! So excited (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/taking-my-first-lesson-years-thurs-33597/)

HalfPass 08-10-2009 05:05 PM

Taking my first lesson in years on Thurs! So excited

Hey all,
I will be taking my first lesson in years! I am so excited I can not contain myself...lol
It will be with an instructor at a different barn than I board my horse. Also I will be having a ground lesson with my horse with one of the trainers at my barn.
This is all exciting to me and my horse and I have worked all summer to get to this point.
I have now fully recovered from my many injuries (non-horse related) and I feel it is finally finally time to get back in the saddle.
My instructor for the riding lesson does many different things. She teaches jumping, equatation, and all the way up to fourth level dressage and also judges shows.
The woman whom will give me and my horse some ground work training is a US Dressage Federation gold medalist.
Later I may decide to switch, but since i am just going to be getting into things again, I decided to go with the other trainer, plus it is a little less money.
Yay! I am so excited!
How am I ever going to remember everything...lol.heals down head up..etc..lol
In the past 5 years I have lived as an injured person and to finally get better and recover from all the surgeries etc is such a blessing.
Today I bought a good pair of paddock boots and some half chaps and the rest of my things for my horse will be arriving tomorrow! Whoopie and here we go!!!
Anyone reading ever had knee surgery or neck surgery? Yes I might be a bit crazy to ride after having a spinal surgery but there is no way you could keep me from riding horses! They are way to engrained into my blood!
I am excited to share this with all of you!:wink::wink:
Half Pass

cheply 08-11-2009 03:58 AM

Awe that's awesome! I am happy for you. I hope everything goes really well.

Plains Drifter 08-11-2009 08:35 AM

Sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to hear how it goes for you!

HalfPass 08-11-2009 09:30 AM

Thanks!!!
Today I hope to get all my horses gear in the mail and my breeches.
I got the paddock boots yesterday..
I am sooo excited I could just jump for joy!!!
In the past 5 yrs I have had to deal with so many injuries...
First a work injury and I had 4 surgeries on my arm and got better but I was only better for a few weeks and I was in a car accident (not at fault) From the car accident I ended up having some neck issues and had 2 surgeries on my neck. Then I got better from that and was in the gym and my old trick knee acted up and then had to be fixed as well.
So having been through all of those things it truly is a blessing to be better and ready to ride....
Yay!
HP

HorsesHorses08 08-11-2009 10:19 AM

omg u have to get me pics!!!!!! i would love to see Tiny under saddle! i got ur pm my computer is not working right but i will get back to u soon!

HalfPass 08-11-2009 10:31 AM

Hey HH08...
When I take my riding lesson I will use a lesson horse. But...I should get all my training gear for Tiny today! Yay!!! so excited about that too.
Once the training gear arrives, I will make sure that everything fits well. Then I will go ahead and have a ground work lesson with Tiny.
We will be starting with a surrcingle and side reins...Then later down the road I will find a saddle and start to ride him.
First I want to get back in the saddle and re-learn some things and get my seat back...haha!
I am so excited...
I will probably have my neighbor come to Tiny's first lesson and I can have her try to photograph us...We shall see.
HP

HorsesHorses08 08-11-2009 10:45 AM

omg yes ask when u have a lesson with Tiny! that would be so cool..especially since Tiny is already beautiful! thats great that u should be getting ur tack today! i am actually looking for saddle because i am in a new discipline.. Good luck at ur lesson!

Ahsisi 08-11-2009 02:38 PM

Sounds great! Good for you for getting back into it...when it's in your blood there is NOTHING that can keep you away from it! Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

goldilockz 08-11-2009 02:55 PM

I'm excited for you!! And a little jealous :lol: I can't wait till I can ride again!

HorsesHorses08 08-11-2009 03:13 PM

lol.. i had a bad fall and could not ride for a month..

thats a long distance between 5 yrs though!