The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Calling out to my fellow Horsebuddies (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/calling-out-my-fellow-horsebuddies-33641/)

Pasopride 08-11-2009 11:48 AM

Calling out to my fellow Horsebuddies

I am in hopes there is someone that can help on here. We live in NC (Charlotte, Albemarle, Stanly County area) and are looking for a new place to live. We are in need of a house to rent with at least 3BR, 2BTH with enough land for 5 horses. A barn is not necessary but a plus, we can build shelter if necessary. It does not have to be anything fancy just livable and in a good area.
We have lived in this area owning our home for 9yrs but was hit like so many others by the slowing economy and slowing of work (husband is in home remodeling business) that we have has to give up our home due to the high mortgage payments and not being able to sell it....It's really hard to be stripped of everything you have worked so hard for and try every option out there to salvage but nothing pans out. I have been very fortunate to been able to still hang onto my job and my husband is now working steady again but it's a little too late to undo all the damage done.
Our horses and dogs are a part of our family and we very much want to keep them with us but are having a really hard time finding a place to live where that can be done. I know alot of people on here has connections all over the states and in NC and is in great hopes someone may know of something that is available that may work for us.
We are clean, respectful, honest and reliable and hope to not be judged for the hardships we have encountered. We are trying to move beyond this and hope for a positive future. I will truly be greatful for any suggestions or leads anyone may have....Maybe we can find someone wanting good horseloving tenants to rent their property :wink:

Heybird 08-11-2009 12:20 PM

I do not know of any places and we are actually looking for the same here in FL but have you tried craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums. We posted an ad looking for land fixer upper etc and received several responses. Unfortunately some of the people are shady creatures so it's good your husband understand construction LOL. :wink: