The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Other Pets (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/)
-   -   What should we do! He is dangerous! (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/what-should-we-do-he-dangerous-336818/)

myhorseisthebest 12-30-2013 06:32 PM

What should we do! He is dangerous!

This is not horse related, sorry.

My neighbors dog has killed so many animals!

A lot of cats and eats them!!! and yesterday I saw I'm eating another dog!!!!

He has horrible owners! His owner's don't take care of him!

My family's fear is that this dog will become addicted!

This dog is so dangerous!
I am afraid to go outside without a gun or without my dad.

If this dog has killed this many animals and eats them, He clearly is enjoying it.

So what's to stop him from killing a child? Or attacking a human?

This is not the first dangerous dog my neighbors have owned, they had a German Shepherd and the neighbors told us "I wouldn't walk on the road if I were you are dog can get free from her rope and she will kill your dogs and hurt you", well first of all having a dog that big you need a fenced in
area were it can't get out.

What should we do?

Is what's going on legal?

Advice would be great! My family is tired of being afraid to go outside and let our own dogs play outside.
And we are tired of watching him eat animals.

PLEASE do not say it is none of my business. Or I shouldn't be saying all this.
We really do need held!
Posted via Mobile Device

beau159 12-30-2013 06:54 PM

Call Animal Control. Let them deal with it.

Foxhunter 12-30-2013 07:02 PM

Follow the SSS rules.
Shoot.
Shovel
Shut up.

thetempest89 12-30-2013 07:16 PM

I would document everything. If you can take pictures without the owners seeing, I would. And write everything down. I would then contact animal control.

A dog like that should be pts. It's dangerous.

Northernstar 12-30-2013 07:22 PM

^^This^^ but I'd call Animal Control as you photograph and document daily...I'd call them every single solitary day if they don't come out to take care of it properly - be the 'squeaky wheel that gets the grease' and don't let up on your calls/complaints/insist on speaking with the supervisor/write a public letter in your local newspaper if they don't do something! No one should ever live in fear like this, and this is what yours/your parent's tax dollars are paying for!!! Good luck :)

thetempest89 12-30-2013 07:28 PM

Here, if someone abuses their animals enough they can be banned by law from having animals.

It may have started out as them not feeding him and him doing what any dog would probably do. But if it's it done it that many times. I don't know if a dog like that could be rehabilitated.

tinyliny 12-30-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northernstar (Post 4414577)
^^This^^ but I'd call Animal Control as you photograph and document daily...I'd call them every single solitary day if they don't come out to take care of it properly - be the 'squeaky wheel that gets the grease' and don't let up on your calls/complaints/insist on speaking with the supervisor/write a public letter in your local newspaper if they don't do something! No one should ever live in fear like this, and this is what yours/your parent's tax dollars are paying for!!! Good luck :)

Some people cannot be this public for fear of retaliation from their neighbors.

myhorseisthebest 12-30-2013 08:02 PM

Thank you every one for your advice!
I need to try and get pictures
Thanks all!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Northernstar 12-30-2013 08:10 PM

Tiny is correct - perhaps a public letter in the newspaper would put your family in an unwanted spotlight to these neighbors! The rest, however, (at least in MI), can be done anonymously, and that's what I'd suggest. If you/your family make numerous calls of complaint, make it clear you want to remain anonymous, and keep it very much to yourselves in your area.

4horses 12-30-2013 08:10 PM

It sounds like he is being starved. I can't imagine a dog wanting to eat another dog, just as I cannot imagine a person eating another dead person. Except it has happened due to severe starvation!

I don't think he is "enjoying it". Animals who kill for pleasure, do not normally eat their kills. The same with dogs that attack people- they are aggressive and bite but again I've never heard of a dog trying to eat someone. Even dogs who fight to the death- you don't hear of them eating the dead dog.

I would call animal control- he must be starving.

Once he is well fed, the behavior may diminish.

Just because he kills other animals does not mean he would kill a person. He may also make a good hunting dog.

Do you have any proof that he is dangerous to people? A dog that acts mean, barks, growls and looks scary, is not actually dangerous unless it is willing to attack. Many of those behaviors can be exhibited with a dog who would not attack a person. This is the problem with loose dogs- they terrorize people, because people generally see a big dog as a biting dog.

Either way, the dog is being neglected and should be reported to Animal Services. I would leave food out somewhere (a nearby woods maybe), so the dog is less inclined to kill animals. At least until animal services can pick him up.

If you have a fenced in yard, or a safe way to approach the dog, you could try throwing the dog treats and making friends with it with the fence between you. Then take it to a shelter if it is friendly to humans.

He may have gone feral now, but depending on how he was raised as a puppy he could still be a good dog. It wasn't his choice to be starved.