The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Cars and Trucks (http://www.horseforum.com/cars-trucks/)
-   -   downgrade (http://www.horseforum.com/cars-trucks/downgrade-337138/)

ls6firebird 12-31-2013 03:11 AM

downgrade

well I finally got tired of trying to keep a nice truck nice through the abuse I put trucks through. I love my 08 f250, but its a clean truck with low miles. I needed an old farm truck that can take a beating instead of me spending too much time making sure it doesn't get a scratch lol.

as much as I dislike the trucks, I found a good deal on a 95 dodge. its a typical old 12 valve that's been through a few knucklehead owners. switches are mounted pretty trashy. someone cut a square hole for a stack in the bed. just stupid little stuff like that that i'll be able to fix with a little time. good news is the interior is in decent shape for a dodge. only one small crack on the top of the dash. one of the dash insert pieces is busted out, but I got some gauges im going to mount there. and the truck doesn't have any rust. bad news is whoever painted it is a booger eating moron that should not be allowed anywhere near a paint gun. runs in the paint in areas. the bottom part of the extended cab section has a red area bleeding through. and they left the door jams and edges around the engine bay red. so basically I should have had it parked in the front yard as a Christmas decoration. you can always count on a dodge to just sit there haha. but it'll be a decent daily driver/farm truck that will be a good little project to clean up.

so the powerstroke is going up for sale and project cummapart has started

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...psjpulaypd.jpg

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...psykkiqyze.jpg

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...psvu3uhsel.jpg

alabamaguy 01-02-2014 11:40 PM

doesn't look to bad, them dashes can be hard to replace though cause the top of the dash in my '97 dodge ram 1500 is cracked all across

Sharpie 01-02-2014 11:47 PM

Why keep em nice? I bought my Tacoma brand new, but the plan is to eventually drive the hell out of it. Nothing like a beat up old taco to drag some hay, rocks, or mud and whatever in, I just get to enjoy the front end too! Now, when I put the first dent in the bumper jack-knifing my trailer in the dark in a storm, I had a little heartburn, but it just adds character! I can't wait until it's battered enough that I don't think twice about new dents and dings.

waresbear 01-03-2014 01:14 AM

Well you could do like my husband does, he has his "nice" truck (which I use to tow the horse trailer) and his beater truck, which he drives in the winter.

ls6firebird 01-03-2014 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alabamaguy (Post 4439377)
doesn't look to bad, them dashes can be hard to replace though cause the top of the dash in my '97 dodge ram 1500 is cracked all across

luckily I work in the truck/performance industry so tearin all that out is just another day lol

ls6firebird 01-03-2014 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharpie (Post 4439425)
Why keep em nice? I bought my Tacoma brand new, but the plan is to eventually drive the hell out of it. Nothing like a beat up old taco to drag some hay, rocks, or mud and whatever in, I just get to enjoy the front end too! Now, when I put the first dent in the bumper jack-knifing my trailer in the dark in a storm, I had a little heartburn, but it just adds character! I can't wait until it's battered enough that I don't think twice about new dents and dings.

lol I love a good ol dented up rusty farm truck. but i'll leave tearin up a $30k truck to somebody else

Quote:

Originally Posted by waresbear (Post 4439850)
Well you could do like my husband does, he has his "nice" truck (which I use to tow the horse trailer) and his beater truck, which he drives in the winter.

I thought about this. I probly would if I commuted to town a lot. but 80 percent of my driving is gravel and small 2 lane. my 20 mile trips to town are pretty limited. id love to keep it for those occasional trips and road trips, but I cant justify a $400/month payment for somethin that would get used that little.

its not so much losing the luxury of a nice truck, I don't need all that. its more the brand lol. never been a dodge fan. but it was the right truck for the right price and its somethin different so i'll have fun with it.

Kayella 01-03-2014 02:56 AM

I like it! From the way you described it, it sounded like a piece of junk. But I think it's rather cute :wink:

How've you been? Long time no talk lol
Posted via Mobile Device

ls6firebird 01-04-2014 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayella (Post 4440098)
I like it! From the way you described it, it sounded like a piece of junk. But I think it's rather cute :wink:

How've you been? Long time no talk lol
Posted via Mobile Device

its a dodge, same thing lol. I wouldn't say its a piece of junk. its a little on the ragged side, but i'll have it fixed up and painted this summer. i'lll have to put probly about $1500 in it, but I only paid $3300 for it so it'll be a great truck for what i'll have in it.

ive been good. extremely busy. working 12-15 hours a day 6 days a week. now that winter is here things have finally slowed down. how have you been?

Kayella 01-05-2014 03:06 AM

I've been good, as well. Keeping busy with work and Henny!

Cacowgirl 01-05-2014 08:31 AM

Your "new" truck looks a lot like mine-it's an '01 green Dodge 1500. I've had it for a few years now, but it's not up to all the mountains here in AZ for the hauling I want to do, so it will be for sale soon. I recently came across the tire receipt & that almost made me cry! The 4 tires on it put me back almost $800! I'll drive my '02 Sport Trac for my "grocery getter" for awhile & use hubby's F-250 for hauling my trailer. Need to pay down some bills before looking for another truck.