The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Island Greetings! ❤ Singapore ❤ (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/island-greetings-singapore-338209/)

peneloppe 01-01-2014 10:23 PM

Island Greetings! ❤ Singapore ❤

First post of the year! Hello everyone! I'm new to the equestrian club but still eagerly learning :-)

I'm hoping to take up eventing when I hop over to the States or Europe, eventing riders please guide me along !

I currently in Singapore (anyone from the same country?) where equestrian is seen as an elite activity, and to some extent snobbish and arrogant due to the high school fees and small exclusive community. Not to mention few people ever own horses here, being a density-populated city state! A pretty shame because riding is such fun!

My time on this site has been enjoyable, you guys are so friendly and helpful :D

Eole 01-06-2014 04:33 PM

Welcome to the forum Peneloppe!
Singapore evokes great food and spices to me!:-)

frlsgirl 01-06-2014 04:43 PM

Welcome! My husband briefly lived in Singapore last year and tried to convince me to move there with him - I told him no way - there are no horses in Singapore...apparently I was wrong?

He only lived there for a few weeks over the summer. He liked it; especially the
architecture, food and people. He didn't like the humidity and the small food portions. I barely recognized him when he returned to the states - so skinny.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

Chevaux 01-06-2014 04:44 PM

Hi Peneloppe. Welcome to the forum.

peneloppe 01-29-2014 12:28 AM

@eole Singapore is a food paradise, remind me not to eat too much lest my horse suffers hehe!

@frlsgirl There are horses in Singapore! Several stables actually but the fees aren't cheap! There are few horse owners, and one can bet they have millions of assets if they ever own one. Horses are really more of an investment (on horse racing) rather than a...pet? Yes, I'll much rather be in countryside with freedom and horses! If you guys ever come, let me know, I'll show you riding places and also good eating hunts!

@chevaux Hello! Thanks, hope to see you around the forum :D

loveduffy 01-29-2014 12:34 AM

Welcome to the forum it is nice to know somebody form so far away