The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   can you critique me and phoebe please? lots of pics (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/can-you-critique-me-phoebe-please-33870/)

savvylover112 08-14-2009 10:43 AM

can you critique me and phoebe please? lots of pics

10 Attachment(s)
here is pics of me and phoebe jumping today please be as harsh as needs be about my position and anything else :D:D more pics in the next post

savvylover112 08-14-2009 10:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
heres some more

ArabFarroh 08-14-2009 11:04 AM

I notice that your hand are on leaning on her neck, they should not be.

Your toes are pointed outward, they should be pointed in front

Your back is hunched.

savvylover112 08-14-2009 11:19 AM

thanks very much i love creative criticism :D:D

eventnwithwinston 08-15-2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArabFarroh (Post 377695)
I notice that your hand are on leaning on her neck, they should not be.

Your toes are pointed outward, they should be pointed in front

Your back is hunched.

Farroh---I don't think you are that in tune with jumping because in most of her pictures although she may sometimes be jumping over her hands (Jumping ahead of the motion) ... she is not per say, leaning on the horses neck. To me, her release is pretty good with the exception of maybe 2 or 3 of those pics.

Watch that your feet and leg dont slide back. They should be your base of support. Whether they are pointed out or front is your preference depending on with which your leg feels stronger. Some think pointing them forward looks nicer, I think it is with whichever you have the most balance. Now on flat I think differently and that to push your horse over it is easier to use your flat leg forward, and more correct-- especially for dressage.

You do have a tendency to hunch your back. Practice sitting deep and relaxed before the fence. Make sure stay in the center of your horse and start working on technique over the smaller fences. Gradually move up as you become more comfortable with the correct position... -- dont worry. I am still working on position as is most jumper riders.

For Phoebe: Shes a cute jumper but sometimes can drop her knees a tad. I dont have this problem so Im not sure of how to fix it... but it shouldnt be too much of a problem at your level. :)

Good luck to the pair of you!! E

savvylover112 08-15-2009 07:00 AM

thanks very much for the critique :):) :D:D

savvylover112 08-29-2009 02:12 PM

bumping this up

drafteventer 08-29-2009 02:53 PM

I'm certainely not a jumping position expert, but I thought I would take a crack at critiqueing :3.

It's hard to tell, but I think you need to move your stirrup iron up closer to your toe, it'll help you put your heels down more. You're jumping ahead of the motion ( I do that too, reason why I fell off the other day x|) and you have a roach or hunched back. In the fifth picture though, you got left behind because your horse had a big jump over that log. Your knee pinched, which caused your leg to slide back.

That's all I got :).

Oh and what eventnwithwinston said about her knees, it shouldn't be a big problem at your level, but gymnastics may help her snap up her knees a little more :P.

savvylover112 09-03-2009 03:29 PM

bumping this up again lol

kaykat31 09-04-2009 01:46 PM

Ok, on the pictures of you on the flat, your leg is way too far forward.Besides that, you look great!:)

Now for jumping.
It looks like you need to bring your shoulders back some so that your back is flat & your shoulders are square.Make sure you stay in halfseat from when Phoebe lifts her feet until her back feet land.Also, point your toes forward so that you arent instruting her to go with every step.One last thing, make sure she helps lift you out of the saddle so that you don't jump forward, you want to keep over her base so that niether of you become unbalanced.Besides that, ya'll look to be doing pretty well!:)