The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Oh.My.Freaking.Gosh. *faints* (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/oh-my-freaking-gosh-%2Afaints%2A-33880/)

ilovemyPhillip 08-14-2009 12:37 PM

Oh.My.Freaking.Gosh. *faints*

Hi y'all.

So yesterday, I decided to go on down to the livestock auctions, because in a year or two i might end up being there to sell some commercial bred goat stock... Well we (me and my mom) got there and decided to look and see whats around. We knew we wanted to look for hogs for my step-dad and look for some goats for me. Now, i know that barn thingy place because the 4-H show is there, and what i saw in one pen was horrific.

There were about 25 goats in a pen, they had room yes, but they all were in such poor condition. Aside for 25 goats, there were 2 sheep, and they had nice fuzzy hair, but you could count their ribs and vertebrae. Easily i could pick up what should be an 100 pound "Nannie" She was 30 pounds. And while there were all these "Nannies" in this pen, there was also 4 intact "Billies"!!! I was shocked, and furious.

Aside from them being sick and skinny, some also had injuries. One had a whole bloodied up *fresh blood btw* back of the neck, some had sores, some had ear tags that were rotting at the site, one doe had a chunk of her ear missing. Some were pregnant.

But there was one i was about to just pick up and take her home. She was a paint boer doe, but aside from being so skinny, her hooves were so back she could stand up of walk. They were so so bad i cant even explain to you what they looked like. She was super sick, and i just wanted to make her comfortable so she didnt have to fregging die in that pen.

Mom decided if she was $20 or less (all we had) i could take her. I found the owner of the pen (who happened to be a fat ignorant redneck dude) and he wouldnt drop the price! She was $40! and he decided to say to me

"Oh you dont want her shes sick old and cant walk. How about one of the little ones?"

i was like "No i want her so she doesnt die!"

he wouldnt go lower. so i had to leave her there and she probably died.

Im so sick or ignorance! I have a picture but its not so great.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1250265306

Grr! I wanted to attack the man with a bat!!

Iluvjunior 08-14-2009 12:44 PM

oh thats horrible! im sorry anny!

ilovemyPhillip 08-14-2009 12:50 PM

its ok, alyssa.

TaMMa89 08-14-2009 12:53 PM

That's sad... Poor goats.

There's people who shouldn't be allowed to keep animals.

sandy2u1 08-14-2009 12:56 PM

Its terrible the kinds of conditions some people keep animals in. My sister and I go to the horse sales all the time and some of those horses are in terrible condition as well. I remember one poor mare that was in such horrible condition that she only went for $20.

themacpack 08-14-2009 01:13 PM

It is deplorable to see what some people are willing to do to animals. I have a very hard time not taking home every animal in sight from auctions and/or shelters. My goal is to convince the hubster to get a pasture-mate for our mare and it will be a rescue, whether from auction or an organized rescue, I don't know.