The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hoof Care (http://www.horseforum.com/hoof-care/)
-   -   Renegade hoof boots (http://www.horseforum.com/hoof-care/renegade-hoof-boots-339666/)

steeldustgurl 01-03-2014 11:41 PM

Renegade hoof boots

Just bought me a pair of these, heard some great reviews and have seen great results. Anybody else have experience with these?

DancingArabian 01-04-2014 12:03 AM

I have a set of four with studs that I use on my horse in icy or mushy weather. They are fabulous and worth every penny!
Posted via Mobile Device

RhondaLynn 02-06-2014 08:41 AM

I just bought a set for our gelding's front feet. He is an extra horse that is ridden only some of the time. He also has good feet to begin with. We have only put the boots on him to try them out and let him out in the pasture for the day, just to see how they stayed on. We will probably be using them on him within the next couple of weeks to see how he does on a trailride.

Rhonda

laurapratt01 02-06-2014 09:21 AM

I have a pair too. I just use them on my QH gelding's front feet. I love them! So easy to take off and put on and they stay on much better than other brands from my experience. Enjoy!

Wimpy 02-06-2014 02:00 PM

If you ride in a lot of water and mud, the Velcro straps load up with dirt and eventually come undone which causes the boot to come off and hang by the pastern strap (hopefully). I've seen suggestions to replace the toe strap with something more on the line of a permanent buckle.

For that reason, if you ride in a lot of that type of terrain, I would opt for shoes. I've done my share of back tracking to find a lost boot, which didn't make me a very happy camper. But, I was too stubborn to let that kind of money lie out on the trail. ;)

laurapratt01 02-06-2014 08:17 PM

I use my boots in muddy terrain and ride through rivers and into ponds and I've never had a problem with them coming off. The only time that I've had a boot come off is at a flat out gallop and even then the boot stayed on with the pastern strap. The first real test for my boots right after I got them was a 24 mile relay race (my section was 8 miles) and the race was just after a rainy day and there was SO much mud I was absolutely shocked that they stayed on but they did. I've never doubted them since and I haven't been let down. I've used easy boots and I have a friend who uses the cavallo boots but I'm a diehard renegade user. The easy boot gloves are good boots but I think that the renegades have them beat...

evilamc 02-07-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

The easy boot gloves are good boots but I think that the renegades have them beat...
Don't say that! You make me want to order them even more :( I use easyboot gloves on front and back and would LOVE renegades! Grats on your purchase, hope you love them! I've never heard a bad thing about them, just have to cough up the money for them haha.

greentree 02-08-2014 08:29 AM

I have 2 pr of size 2 Renegades, if anyone is interested in buying some. New, still have the tags attached. one pair is orange glitter, and the other pair is green. I over-ordered on 2's, and really need another set of 1's.

I love the Renegades! They are great for driving out on the road!

Nancy

laurapratt01 02-08-2014 09:44 AM

^ I use them for driving out on the road too!

Sharpie 02-08-2014 09:58 AM

I have a couple Easyboots I'm going to be trying out, we'll see if I make a switch to Renegades depending on how it goes. Another rider had the Easyboots in my area though, so no shipping and immediate gratification made my decision, LOL. Kinda scared to try the renegades though, just because of the expense.