The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Miniature Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/miniature-horses/)
-   -   Maybe getting a Mini :) (http://www.horseforum.com/miniature-horses/maybe-getting-mini-33996/)

CowGirlUp9448 08-16-2009 01:09 AM

Maybe getting a Mini :)

My uncle called me tonight and told me he was going to sale his step daughter's Mini. Of course I said I was interested hehe. This is what he has told me about him so far..

He is a Registered 14 month old Stud colt. (I would have to get him gelded, I have to many kids around to keep a young Stallion). He's Dapple gray in colour. Halter broke, loads, bathes and clips. Has been around children and isn't showing any studish behavior. He told me he wanted $200.00 but I could probally get him cheaper. His step daughter is only 3 years old, they got a baby for a baby so that is why he is selling him. If I want him he will even bring him to me :)

So what do yall think based on what I know about him so far. Is that a good price? I have seen him and he is adorable. I didn't get pics though. Anything else I should ask him about? That's all I could think of while I was on the phone with him. lol I was so excited.

Do you think he would make a good companion for Rain (After I get him gelded of course).

Thanks so much :)

SoMuchManureSoLittleTime 08-16-2009 10:06 AM

Good price? You've got to be kidding.

That is less than you'd pay for some mixed breed dogs.

The market is bad right now, but most grade minis are going for $800 and up.

Show minis can go from a couple of thousand to six figures, depending on the quality/breeding.

Domino13011 08-16-2009 10:54 AM

GREAT price not good. I would get it. If all he is saying is true, go for it

CowGirlUp9448 08-16-2009 11:33 AM

Haha. I thought it was but I've never really looked at a Mini before so I wanted to see what you all thought first. I called him this morning and asked him if I could do a 1 week trial with him and he told me I could. I want to see how him and Rain will get along and if me and him click. I know I should give him time to settle in so that's why I was asking for a week. :) He is bringing him at 1 this evening I am so excited to have him here at the house. I will keep you updating and post pics :)

CowGirlUp9448 08-16-2009 10:28 PM

Yay.. I just wanted to let everyone know that he came and I have decided to keep him. LOL It was love at first sight for me and Rain. They follow eachother around like little puppies. lol

Beloved Killer 08-16-2009 11:28 PM

Rayne is spelt better. :)

Domino13011 08-16-2009 11:33 PM

I like Rain better spelled this way then that..Anyway how is he doing? Would love to see pics