The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   English saddle question (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/english-saddle-question-34041/)

joey martin 08-16-2009 04:39 PM

English saddle question

I have a friend that bought a house and the previous owners left an english saddle in the building , i he asked me about it but i cant find who it is made by . All i found on the saddle itself were Made in england and a stamp on the left leg flap . It is in the shape of a shield with the letter A in fancy script inside the shield ! Can anyone point me in any direction , i have looked at web pages trying to find out but no luck !

Thanks

luvs2ride1979 08-16-2009 07:15 PM

Can you post pictures of the saddle?

Barry Godden 08-17-2009 12:12 PM

There is a British manufacturer called "Albion" but I am not sure if an "A" is their logo. Without a photo it is hard to help you.

But what are you seeking to do with it?
To use the saddle, it must fit correctly both horse and rider.
If the rider has been taught Western - he /she will need some help in how to fit it and use it.

Barry G

luvs2ride1979 08-17-2009 03:37 PM

This is the Albion logo/button:
http://www.albionsaddlemakers.com/im...lbion-logo.gif

I wonder if it's an Arabian Saddlery saddle? They have a red background to their button, but it's hard to see what's on it.
The Arabian Saddle Company

Ascot is another brand, but they are cheap Asian saddles.

Antill saddles use a shield on their lables, though I don't know where they were/are made.

Ashland saddles are made in England.
Ashland

Jessie567 08-19-2009 02:46 AM

I'm pretty sure that its an Antill saddle, i used to have one and it has the logo you described. I don't think they make them anymore but i don't know.

joey martin 08-19-2009 08:17 PM

Thanks Jessie , it is an ANTILL . I found some like it on the web .I sure appricate the help . To answer the other questions , he is wanting to sell it and asked me if i could help , he dont know many horse people around here since they are new to the area . I dont know english but i thought that if i could find the maker i could get more info on what the saddle is so i dont look too dumb when i talk to my friends that ride english . I like to know what i have when i sell it to ! I dont want to comment on something that i dont have knowladge on ! The people that lived there before just left it and an endurance saddle and 2 western saddles , all in good condition and not the cheapest saddles either , left 3 goats and some other stuff ??? Dont know why , but i do appricate all the responses !

Joey:D

luvs2ride1979 08-19-2009 09:09 PM

Let us know what seat size, tree size, and price. You never know, someone on here might want it ;-). Pictures would be nice too. I'm looking for a 16" wide tree All Purpose saddle.