The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hobbies (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/)
-   -   Music- favorite, and do you play and instrument? (http://www.horseforum.com/hobbies/music-favorite-do-you-play-instrument-34042/)

gossipgirl101 08-16-2009 04:55 PM

Music- favorite, and do you play and instrument?

I was wondering if anybody here plays a musical instrument. If you do, please share what you play and how long you have been playing it. Also, I think it would be cool to list some of our favorite artists to see how much we really have in common as to musical tastes.

Okay, I have been playing the piano for about 7 years now. I took a short break in the middle, when I was looking for a new teacher. I really enjoy it and I'm pretty good, too.

Can't wait to here what you guys have to say! :D

Spastic_Dove 08-16-2009 04:57 PM

I dabble.
I've can play a bit of drums, bass, and keyboard.
Some of my favorite bands are Placebo, AFI, Coheed and Cambria, Trophy Scars, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, 30 Seconds to Mars and other such bands.

MIEventer 08-16-2009 05:20 PM

I play the fiddle. I have an acoustic and an elecrtic. I play Celtic and Old Time mostly. I've been playing for about 7 years now.

And music, I am more of a Ska Punk fan. Love Green Day, Blinkn 182, Offspring and the list goes on - and then I also love Techno, Classical, Jazz, Blues - whatever I am in the mood for.

Spastic_Dove 08-16-2009 05:25 PM

isgoingtoseeblink182nextmonthandissoexcitedOMG

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee

KoalaRock 08-16-2009 06:00 PM

I play the electric guitar and I can play some really heavy stuff...and some fast stuff lol

MIEventer 08-16-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

isgoingtoseeblink182nextmonthandissoexcitedOMG

*coughsbeotchcoughs*

Sunny06 08-16-2009 06:08 PM

I love country and bluegrass and will be learning how to play the guitar and/or mandolin soon :]

Spastic_Dove 08-16-2009 06:23 PM

Muaha. >)

hollybee 08-16-2009 07:37 PM

i never got on with any music teachers so i play bits and bobs of everything - drums, guitar, clarinet, violin, bass and piano

i love all music, the beatles, nirvana, james brown, michael jackson, the prodigy, the clash, kenny rogers, foo fighters, david bowie, abba, queen . . . the list is never ending ! haha

gossipgirl101 08-16-2009 08:47 PM

wow, you guys! I didn't know THF had some many musically talented people. =)

My favorite artists include: B52s, Billy Joel, Beatles, Bruce Springsteen, Carole King, Counting Crows, Colbie Calliat, Greenday, Jewel, (some) Kelly Clarkson, (some) Katy Perry, Rod Stewart, Hootie and the Blowfish, Sean Kingston, Aerosmith, Bob Marley, and more.

I like all kinds of music. lol