The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Do You Get The Riding Brain? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/do-you-get-riding-brain-341962/)

WildAtHeart 01-07-2014 11:48 AM

Do You Get The Riding Brain?

You know as well as I do that when riding you get sucked into the riding world and can become so focused on it the outside world doesn't matter. But does your riding brain ever carry on into your everyday life? The other day I told my car to "whoa" when the light turned yellow. I want to hear your funny stories!:D

Clava 01-07-2014 11:50 AM

I have been known to tell me children to "walk on" :lol:

Bagheera 01-07-2014 12:17 PM

I often yell "door" when I open doors at work or home. Don't want to spook those unsuspecting coworkers. Lol

LynnF 01-07-2014 03:07 PM

I have to say it took a while for my boyfriend to get used to an elbow in the ribs and a 'get over' when he was hogging the bed!

Nocturva 01-07-2014 03:58 PM

When my horse used to spook or try to move away from me when mounting, a fellow barn friend and I say "Eh Eh Eh EH EHHH!!!!" its kind of like a rapid succession of saying " AH AH AH DONT YOU MOVE"

Well in everyday life at work when I see a coworker doing something that could be potentionally harmful (like one day she tried to open the door of an autoclave that was on (sterilizes medical tools) and it's literally 150 degrees farenheit) I said "Ehh ehhh ehh ehh ehh!"

Phantomcolt18 01-07-2014 05:09 PM

I routinely click at people to get them to move =P

I once accidentally clicked to my little brother and she was like "Cassandra! You're brother is not a horse!" While laughing of course.

And just recently my friend(horsey friend) and I were baking together and I clicked to get her to move out of my way and she complied haha a few seconds later we hear her mom cracking up behind us and we couldn't figure out why. She said we had to have been spending too much time with the horses because we were treating each other like horses =P

=P my horse brain almost always carries over to every day life.
Posted via Mobile Device

Keller4583 01-07-2014 05:27 PM

Okay, so don't laugh but i've accidentally clucked at a shopping cart to move while in walmart one day. The people around me looked at me like I was some kind of freak.
Perfect example is in this video: its really funny and true :lol:

rideverystride 01-07-2014 06:59 PM

The video above is so true. I cluck at the shopping carts all the time, I also tell them to whoa :oops:.

caseymyhorserocks 01-07-2014 07:08 PM

I have strongly said "stop" to someone. In a voice you would use with a horse that is getting a little nosy with you... oops!

Walkamile 01-07-2014 07:27 PM

I tell my grandchildren to "whoa", as well as my husband all the time. I also tell my husband "easy" when working together . Seems perfectly normal to me.