The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   brother riding soon! (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/brother-riding-soon-34266/)

Heather Sutherland 08-19-2009 09:56 AM

brother riding soon!

Ever since i became a horse carziee person, there has always been something holding me back. The fact NOBOBY IN MY FAMILY LIKES HORSES. most girls that have horses have a horsey family, and thats very very comman, But i don't, and today my brother told me that he wanted to try riding!!! And do you know what that means!?!?! Im way more likely to get a horse now! (i even made a spead sheet that worked out on average how much a horse would cost!) This could be the start of something really special!:D

Jillyann 08-19-2009 10:29 AM

HAHA! Good for you! Thats pretty much how it is in my family as well. NO ONE likes horses, my dad does, but he lives about an hour away from me.

ilovemyPhillip 08-19-2009 10:36 AM

My whole family rides. My Nana used to barrel race.

1dog3cats17rodents 08-19-2009 11:15 AM

I'm lucky that both my dad and mom ride

ridingismylife2 08-19-2009 11:46 AM

No one in my family rides, but thankfully my mom likes horses. :)

Nita 08-19-2009 01:13 PM

lol, I live on a ranch and we have to use horses, so yeah my whole family rides. But that's awesome! yay!

haha. yeah since we live where we can't take vehicles sometimes, or sometimes we have to rope something, we have like... 13 horses. haha. a few of them are pack horses and a few are drafts, but they can all be ridden. I'm lucky that I ended up with a family like that since I am horse craaaaaazy, lol. They all are, too. Good luck with getting a horse!

SDGold 08-20-2009 09:46 PM

thats awsome for you. i keep tellimg my brother all i want for christmas is for him to take a lesson.haha not casue i want him to get into riding just for my selfish entertainment.lol. to watch him make a fool of himself.lmao

Heather Sutherland 08-21-2009 05:09 AM

HAHA! i never thought of that lool

welshpony15 08-21-2009 06:26 AM

Thats so cool! I'm the same as you, I have a completely unhorsie family besides myself. Sometimes I find it frustrating when you want to tell them something fantastic you did (horse wise), but know that its pretty much wasted on them.. especially since I always know that I have to start from the beginning with anything I tell them, and even then it goes straight over their head!

I'm very glad your brother wants to ride! My dad refuses to take lessons or do any of my 'dressage crapola', mums scared to death of horses and it hasnt even crossed my brothers mind to try- and it never will!

Congrats :D It's a great accomplishment!

Gidji 08-21-2009 08:49 AM

My mum and I are the only horsey people in our family. Dad isn't too fond of them, my brother loves cars and motorbikes and my sister is a girly girl.
I love talking about my horse acheivments to my brother, he has no idea what I talk about but he's always so supportive. And when he prattles on about how he fixed a big car engine and put a whatsi-ma-call it in it, I just nod my head, agree and say 'Well Done.'
Congrats on your brother liking riding. Horses are great :)