The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   Rein/bridle/bit trade needed (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/rein-bridle-bit-trade-needed-34290/)

myQHpaul 08-19-2009 03:32 PM

Rein/bridle/bit trade needed

4 Attachment(s)
I would like to trade a like-new leather bridle with headstall, 5 inch shank bit, and 7 foot reins. They have only been used a handfull of times and my current horse does not like the shank bit and the reins do not match his new saddle. here are some pics of what i have:

bit-cost was $29.99
Attachment 11223

leather bridle and 7 foot reins- $49.99
Attachment 11224

NEEDED: used dark bridle with one ear strap and 6 foot reins, chin strap, and a 5 inch bit similiar to the one pictured below. this is what paul was trained on and you can tell a difference when i switched bits.

needed bit
Attachment 11225

if anyone can help, i would really appreciate it. i am currently borrowing the trainers bridle and he needs it for 3 other horses so i feel bad. i would like used items as they are nice and worn in.

myQHpaul 08-19-2009 06:35 PM

OK, i found the bit i needed on ebay so i would trade all my supplies listed above for a used dark brown one ear bridle, 6 foot reins, and chin strap. thanks

Appyt 08-19-2009 06:52 PM

Just wondering why you would want 6 foot reins. I find them way too short for any size horse. I think I have a pair tho... Dark oil if I remember. I may have a spare headstall and a curb strap, not sure how nice condition they are in. I prefer browbands myself.

myQHpaul 08-19-2009 07:29 PM

6 or 7 feet for reins would be fine. i have 7 and they just seem so long and the ones i'm using now are a bit shorter so i'm assuming they are 6 feet long. i'll take either length...i'm not picky