The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Horse Survey (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/horse-survey-34472/)

Whispering Meadows 08-21-2009 08:41 PM

Horse Survey

I wasnt sure where to post this but I figured we could get to know each other a little more maybe :-P

1. How old were you when you first rode a horse? 1yr (and a few months but idk exactly)

2. What was your first horse? an Arabian named Starfyr (but technically he was my sisters I justed claimed him) the first that was mine mine was Image a little paint pony, idk what breed she was

3. What is your favorite breed? I dont really have a paticular favorite breed....i love all horses and breeds

4. What is your favorite discipline to ride? Western

5. What is your favorite horse color and gender? Grullo/Grulla and probably a Stallion

6. Who is your favorite horse of all time?
Owned by you: Odyssey's Rainsong
Not owned by you: Judy

7. What traits do you look for most in a horse? Gentle with kids and a 'racehorse' with adults

8. What trait in a horse do you most despise? Viciousness

9. What do you like about the horse world? Horses and the friendly people with the love for horses that I have

10. What upsets you about the horse world? Stuck up show people!

11. If you could spend the day with any horse person, who would it be? Lew Sterret! He is an amazing horsemen and I could learn ALOT from spending just a day with him!

12. Who have you learned the most from in your horse life? My sister and or Lew Sterret

13. What type of rig do you haul? Chevy Van and a two horse Thoroughbred trailer

14. What is your favorite breed of dog? Great Pyrenese

15. What type of music do you play in your barn/truck? Christian, Country, Rock

16. What trainer/horse person inspires you? Lew Sterret (geez you'd think I had a crush on the guy! :oops:)

17. What is your favorite horse book? The Black Stallion series (all of them not just one)

18. What is your favorite horse magazine? Horse Illustrated (i prob spelled that wrong)

19. What is your favorite horse movie? The Black Stallion, The Man From Snowy River & Return To Snowy River

20. What horse websites to you frequent most? HGS, The Horse Forum, Giddy Up Go and Horse Eden

21. What is your motto for dealing with horses? Be patient, kind and respectful. Dont let the horse push you around

22. If you could have one ride on any horse in history, who would it be? the Black Stallion....but hes a fictional horse so idk if that counts....if not the Secretariat!

23. What is your ideal horse day? trail riding in Glacier Park

24. What is your favorite horse chore? Anything!

25. What is your least favorite horse chore? Dont have a least favorite! I love anything to do with horses!

26. What horses do you own now? 4 Arabian mares/fillies

27. If you didn't have a horse, what would you be doing? Lookin for one

RedRoan 08-21-2009 09:02 PM

1. How old were you when you first rode a horse? 3 years on my aunt's horse.

2. What was your first horse? Zack, an appaloosa whom I still have <3

3. What is your favorite breed? I would have to say the good ol' foundation quarter horse.

5. What is your favorite horse color and gender? Blue Roan, stallion

Owned by you: Jest Pass'em (Zack)
Not owned by you: Secretariat

7. What traits do you look for most in a horse? Level headed, smart trail horse. Is kind and won't hurt a fly.

8. What trait in a horse do you most despise? Nervous 24/7

9. What do you like about the horse world? The memories and stores that come from it. Not to mention everyone knows everyone which I think how the world should always be :-D.

10. What upsets you about the horse world? People who want to only get blues and don't give a crap about their horse. Not to mention the ones who think horses don't grasp concepts and arn't intelligent.

11. If you could spend the day with any horse person, who would it be? John Lyons

12. Who have you learned the most from in your horse life? Mostly me... I was self taught with a little help from my aunt.

13. What type of rig do you haul? Ford 250

14. What is your favorite breed of dog? Husky

15. What type of music do you play in your barn/truck? Christian, Country

16. What trainer/horse person inspires you? Any natural horsemanship trainer who also has a kick (not all herbal essences with their ways ;-) . )

17. What is your favorite horse book? Seabiscuit

18. What is your favorite horse magazine? Horse Illustrated

19. What is your favorite horse movie? The Horse Whisperer

20. What horse websites to you frequent most? The Horse Forum, facebook

21. What is your motto for dealing with horses? Expect the unexpected but don't get paranoid. ;-)

22. If you could have one ride on any horse in history, who would it be? Seabiscuit

23. What is your ideal horse day? Up in western Montana riding in the canyons looking for cows.

24. What is your favorite horse chore? Uh other then anything... I would have to pick muckin stalls!

25. What is your least favorite horse chore? Nothing really.

26. What horses do you own now? 1

27. If you didn't have a horse, what would you be doing? Dreaming, hanging out at a barn doing work.

Brighteyes 08-21-2009 09:06 PM

1. How old were you when you first rode a horse? Around five or so. My parents were, and still are, complete Yankees. XD

2. What was your first horse? Fjord horse called Lola

3. What is your favorite breed? Mules!

4. What is your favorite discipline to ride? English

5. What is your favorite horse color and gender? Seal brown, mare
Owned by you: Lola is still my love.
Not owned by you: My BO's percheron, Moon Baby.

7. What traits do you look for most in a horse? Willing attitude, no sourness.

8. What trait in a horse do you most despise? Bolting

9. What do you like about the horse world? The fun, the competition, and the down-to-earth, helpful people out there who stop you in a non-snotty way and say, "Sweetie, I think your stirrups are uneven" or something like that. :)

10. What upsets you about the horse world? Parelli nuts.

11. If you could spend the day with any horse person, who would it be? Meridith Hodges

12. Who have you learned the most from in your horse life? My BO, Mrs. Keen and trainer, Megan.

13. What type of rig do you haul? Whatever my cuz will let me borrow that week. :)

14. What is your favorite breed of dog? Pit bull, rottie

15. What type of music do you play in your barn/truck? Country all the way :) Sometimes a little bit of "pop country" (Sugarland, mostly).

16. What trainer/horse person inspires you? Anyone with a good set of skills.

17. What is your favorite horse book? Black Beauty, the perfect classic.

18. What is your favorite horse magazine? Anything I can get free at the tack store.

19. What is your favorite horse movie? Hmm... I don't really watch many movies; I'm a reader.

20. What horse websites to you frequent most? Horse Forum and Fugly Horse of the Day Blog!

21. What is your motto for dealing with horses? You get what you give. (Time = Success, Firm, fair treatment = respect, etc.)

22. If you could have one ride on any horse in history, who would it be? Any famous dressage horse. :)

23. What is your ideal horse day? A nice, slow trail ride down the dirt rode over yonder.

24. What is your favorite horse chore? Grooming and bathing.

25. What is your least favorite horse chore? Mucking stalls or keeping paddocks.

26. What horses do you own now? None now, but I'm on the market.

27. If you didn't have a horse, what would you be doing? What I'm doing right now, considering I already don't have a horse. XD

Sunny06 08-21-2009 09:15 PM

1. How old were you when you first rode a horse? Oh, gosh.. 4? But I didn't really start riding till I was 11ish.. I think..

2. What was your first horse? Dreamer. Black TWH.

3. What is your favorite breed? Anything gaited.

4. What is your favorite discipline to ride? English/Australian.

5. What is your favorite horse color and gender? Black gelding.

Owned by you: Sunny
Not owned by you: Mmm..?

7. What traits do you look for most in a horse? One who's got a motor, but won't kill me.

8. What trait in a horse do you most despise? Herd-boundness.

9. What do you like about the horse world? Variety and everyone is nice for the most part.

10. What upsets you about the horse world? Know-it-alls, one's who won't tolerate any other ideas but their own, NH, TWH stereotypes.

11. If you could spend the day with any horse person, who would it be?
Clinton Anderson.

12. Who have you learned the most from in your horse life? Mother

13. What type of rig do you haul? Chevy Silverado or Ford F350.

14. What is your favorite breed of dog? Whippet

15. What type of music do you play in your barn/truck? Country, classic rock.

16. What trainer/horse person inspires you? None.

17. What is your favorite horse book? Chosen by a Horse

19. What is your favorite horse movie? Horse Whisperer

20. What horse websites to you frequent most? HF, EF.

21. What is your motto for dealing with horses? Take a deep breath. We'll get through this.

22. If you could have one ride on any horse in history, who would it be? The horse from The Man from Snowy River.

23. What is your ideal horse day? Sunny

24. What is your favorite horse chore? Batheing

25. What is your least favorite horse chore? stalls

26. What horses do you own now? 4. 3 gaited, 1 not.

27. If you didn't have a horse, what would you be doing? Looking for another one.

myQHpaul 08-21-2009 09:36 PM

1. How old were you when you first rode a horse? 4 years old.

2. What was your first horse? paul is my first horse but the first horse i rode was a white quarter named "mindy" and a pony named "debby"

3. What is your favorite breed? quarter horse followed by arabians

4. What is your favorite discipline to ride? western
5. What is your favorite horse color and gender? chestnut and male
Owned by you: Paul
Not owned by you: magic-a bay arabian

7. What traits do you look for most in a horse? strong, calm, friendly

8. What trait in a horse do you most despise? meanness

9. What do you like about the horse world? everyone who rides and owns horses act like one big family.

10. What upsets you about the horse world? people who like to tell me i'm doing something wrong

11. If you could spend the day with any horse person, who would it be? Monty Roberts

12. Who have you learned the most from in your horse life? the barn owner. he's been working with horses for years and is patient and kind when working with people and giving lessons.
13. What type of rig do you haul? don't have one yet but would use my dad's silverado if i needed to get paul somewhere. our barn has 4 trailers that we can borrow in cases of emergencies

14. What is your favorite breed of dog? labrador retriever

15. What type of music do you play in your barn/truck? either country, top 10, or big 80's

16. What trainer/horse person inspires you? the barn owner. he makes everything look so easy when he rides and the horses all love him

17. What is your favorite horse book? The Black Stallion

18. What is your favorite horse magazine? Horse illustrated and equus

19. What is your favorite horse movie? The Black Stallion and horse whisperer

20. What horse websites to you frequent most? the horse forum

21. What is your motto for dealing with horses? positive reinforcement does more then negative, have patience, and spend lots of time bonding

22. If you could have one ride on any horse in history, who would it be? the Black Stallion or barbaro

23. What is your ideal horse day? trail riding and doing full out canters in an open field

24. What is your favorite horse chore? i love them all

25. What is your least favorite horse chore? none

26. What horses do you own now? 1-paul

27. If you didn't have a horse, what would you be doing? leasing one while looking to buy one

emmaloveslady 08-21-2009 09:55 PM

Horse Survey

1. How old were you when you first rode a horse? umm, like 3 when i sat on one i guess but i have been properly riding since i was 12. im now 15.

2. What was your first horse? i still have her! Lady, my lil paint pony and i love her to death!

3. What is your favorite breed? I dont really have a paticular favorite but it would have to be Arabs, they are soo pretty. and aussie ponys (coz i have one :)

4. What is your favorite discipline to ride? english i guess. havnt done western but it could be fun!

5. What is your favorite horse color and gender? paint mare, or appy(well thats what i have) :D havnt had much to do with geldings

Owned by you: LADY!!! :D
Not owned by you: ohhh, hard one, probly Amira.

7. What traits do you look for most in a horse? Gentle with kids and a frendly but cheeky personality that definatly isnt stubbon and doesnt stop running
8. What trait in a horse do you most despise? Viciousness

9. What do you like about the horse world? the actual horses mostly

10. What upsets you about the horse world? Stuck up show people and people who neglect them!

wow thats hard...

12. Who have you learned the most from in your horse life? my grandpa, squatter and lady, (mostly lady)

13. What type of rig do you haul? none, we dont go anywere lots of places to ride here.

14. What is your favorite breed of dog? wow, thats random, either Kelpie (coz we have 5 of them!) or labrodor (my sisters dog)

15. What type of music do you play in your barn/truck? lots but not country, i hate it!

16. What trainer/horse person inspires you? my grandpa!

17. What is your favorite horse book? umm, allysa brugman books were good!

18. What is your favorite horse magazine? horsewyse (best mag out, go and get it!)

19. What is your favorite horse movie? seabiscuit and black beauty

20. What horse websites to you frequent most? The Horse Forum, and horsewyse and horse deals

21. What is your motto for dealing with horses? be patient, allert, kind but strong like your the boss

22. If you could have one ride on any horse in history, who would it be? errrk no idea! black beauty??

23. What is your ideal horse day? trail ride with heaps of people, or a jumping day!

24. What is your favorite horse chore? doesnt mind me, its all fun!

25. What is your least favorite horse chore? carting hay in bags grrr...

26. What horses do you own now? one paint mare named lady!.

27. If you didn't have a horse, what would you be doing? Looking for another one or riding someone elses!

close2prfct 08-21-2009 09:56 PM

1. How old were you when you first rode a horse? 13, I got a late start my dad was terrified of horses so I was never allowed to ride when I was younger.

2. What was your first horse? Misty Blue a BS Paint

3. What is your favorite breed? Paints, but do have a soft spot for QH/Appendix and Mustangs

5. What is your favorite horse color and gender? really all colors except sorrel/stallion

6. Who is your favorite horse of all time? Hot Scotch Man
Owned by you: That's a tough one but I'd have to say Jazz she is everyone's favorite
Not owned by you: Skip Allied

7. What traits do you look for most in a horse? Willingness, doesn't spook, calm disposition

8. What trait in a horse do you most despise? Aggressiveness with other horses and people

9. What do you like about the horse world? horses

10. What upsets you about the horse world? People who judge every horse to the standards of another breed as with conformation, personality etc.

I really haven't thought about it

12. Who have you learned the most from in your horse life? My vet

13. What type of rig do you haul? Right now I'm not hauling

14. What is your favorite breed of dog? Pit Bull

15. What type of music do you play in your barn/truck? Country, classic rock.

16. What trainer/horse person inspires you? None.

17. What is your favorite horse book? IDK

18. What is your favorite horse magazine? There are several

19. What is your favorite horse movie? Hildago

20. What horse websites to you frequent most? HF, Horse.com

21. What is your motto for dealing with horses? Patience Patience Patience

22. If you could have one ride on any horse in history, who would it be? Idk

23. What is your ideal horse day? anytime I can spend time with my horses and not be rushed

24. What is your favorite horse chore? grooming

25. What is your least favorite horse chore? sheath cleaning

26. What horses do you own now? 4 QH Appendix, Paint, 2 grade ponies

27. If you didn't have a horse, what would you be doing? I cannot imagine being without my horses

CowGirlUp9448 08-21-2009 09:59 PM

1. How old were you when you first rode a horse? About 9 months. Old enough to sit up by myself lol

2. What was your first horse? A 16 year old Bay pony mare named Travler.

3. What is your favorite breed? Friesians,Gypsy Vanners, Paints, Quarter Horses and Mini's :)

4. What is your favorite discipline to ride? Western. Used to run barrels but now I just like a good trail lol

5. What is your favorite horse color and gender? Paint mares

Owned by you: Travler
Not owned by you: Uhh.. I don't really know..

7. What traits do you look for most in a horse? Calm, easy going, level headed, trusting. You can't have a good bond if they won't trust you as much as you trust them :)

8. What trait in a horse do you most despise? Barn sour

9. What do you like about the horse world? Getting to learn from people who as kind enough to give you advise and not be snotty about it.

10. What upsets you about the horse world? The stuck-up-I'm-to-good-to-ride-with-lower-class-people..Kind.. lol

Clinton Anderson.

12. Who have you learned the most from in your horse life? My brother

13. What type of rig do you haul? Chevy's

14. What is your favorite breed of dog? Aussie's, border collies are okay as well but my Aussies are the best they are with me whereever I go.

15. What type of music do you play in your barn/truck? Country

16. What trainer/horse person inspires you? Hmm. My dad and brother.

17. What is your favorite horse book? I have a lot.. Haha

19. What is your favorite horse movie? Black Beauty,Dreamer,Sea Biscuit,Hidalgo and Flicka.. Haha need I go on?

20. What horse websites to you frequent most? Horse Forum

21. What is your motto for dealing with horses? Nothing's earned without a little hard work :)

22. If you could have one ride on any horse in history, who would it be? The horse from The Man from Snowy River, Denny :)

23. What is your ideal horse day? Sunny

24. What is your favorite horse chore? Grooming

25. What is your least favorite horse chore? I don't think I have one lmao

26. What horses do you own now? One 7 year old Paint mare named Dancing in The Rain and one Registered 16 month old Mini named Fortora Farms Grey Arrow :)

27. If you didn't have a horse, what would you be doing? Going insane. I can't live without my horses..

jxclass19 08-21-2009 10:24 PM

1. How old were you when you first rode a horse?
My mom rode when she was Prego :]
2. What was your first horse?
50 yr old Welsh Shetland x
3. What is your favorite breed?

Paints maybe Appys?
4. What is your favorite discipline to ride?
Huntseat.
5. What is your favorite horse color and gender?

Chestnut.
Mare.
Owned by you:

Precious :(
Not owned by you:
HP Dual Spots Alot
7. What traits do you look for most in a horse?
I don't really.
The horses I get kinda choose me.
8. What trait in a horse do you most despise?

Cribbers.
9. What do you like about the horse world?
The horses :]
10. What upsets you about the horse world?

Seeing horses mistreated :(
Clinton Anderson.
12. Who have you learned the most from in your horse life?

Oh Jeeze.
My mom, Don Klustra, Horses.
13. What type of rig do you haul?

Ford F250
CM Circuit Champ Xtra tall.
14. What is your favorite breed of dog?

Blue Heeler.
What type of music do you play in your barn/truck?
Country and Rap/hip hop.
My horses are cultured :]
16. What trainer/horse person inspires you?

Hmm...
I don't even know.
17. What is your favorite horse book?
I'm not one for books.
18. What is your favorite horse magazine?

Horse && Rider.
Horse illustrated.
19. What is your favorite horse movie?
I don't remember what it is called.
The girl does dressage and her horse goes blind and they win.
20. What horse websites to you frequent most?

What?
21. What is your motto for dealing with horses?

They're not all bad :p
Naw
I dunno.
22. If you could have one ride on any horse in history, who would it be?

Hollywood Dun it.
23. What is your ideal horse day?

Hmm...
Going to an Appy Show and kickin some spotted butts :]
24. What is your favorite horse chore?
Exercising/Working.
25. What is your least favorite horse chore?

Hay.
26. What horses do you own now?

Well there are 12 horses there.
My moms:
Aspen 3yr old Dun QH
Skip 24yr Red Dun Paint
Rosie 26yr Drk Bay Appy
Misty 18yr? Brown Mini Horse
Cameron's {Boyfranns}:
Habeeb 5yr Bay Arabian
Mine:
Classy 14yr Chestnut OTTB
Oatie 16yr Roan Appy
Doli 2yr Roan Appy
Sweet Pea 15yr QH
Projects:
Cj 7yr Dun Quarter Pony
Buddy 5yr Chestnut Pinto
Training:
Foxy 3yr Chst Pinto
27. If you didn't have a horse, what would you be doing?

What ever I wanted cause we'd have money :P

Thatgirlsacowboy 08-21-2009 11:48 PM

1. How old were you when you first rode a horse?
six

2. What was your first horse?
He wasn't exaclty mine, he was a five year lease and he was a bay Arabian.

3. What is your favorite breed?
I love mustangs, percherons, belgian drafts. Mostly draft horses. But I LOVE mustangs

4. What is your favorite discipline to ride?
Western

5. What is your favorite horse color and gender?
Bay, and gelding

Owned by you: The only one I have, Cricket. But I will always love Shrek and Ninja
Not owned by you: Shrek and Ninja

7. What traits do you look for most in a horse?
Sweet with a good personality. Laid back, easy going, nothing bugs them much. Great on trail.

8. What trait in a horse do you most despise?
Laziness, ass hole-ness

9. What do you like about the horse world?
How close everyone is. During last years fires and we had to evacuate our horses, a lady came from two hours away just to pick up two of our horses. Were dedicated to eachother, even if we're a little crazy ;)

10. What upsets you about the horse world?
Snobby people who think they know everything and think their horses are the best just because they have a fancy pedigree. People who don't like you or disrepect you because your oppinions differ.

11. If you could spend the day with any horse person, who would it be? Hmm... Well, I really like David Lee Archer. And he's very close to where I live.

12. Who have you learned the most from in your horse life?
My best friend and trainer, Molly. She taught me things I never would have learned just in lessons. She taught me how to use my brain like a horse, she taught me instinct.
13. What type of rig do you haul?
HAHAHAHAHA

14. What is your favorite breed of dog?
Dachshund, Rottweiler.

15. What type of music do you play in your barn/truck?
Country, DUH!

16. What trainer/horse person inspires you?
David Lee Archer. I would MARRY him if I could.

17. What is your favorite horse book?
Chicken Soup for the Horse Lover's Soul. I cried.

18. What is your favorite horse magazine?
Horse and Rider, HI.

19. What is your favorite horse movie?
Flicka. Mostly because it's terribly cheesie and horribly portrayed. But for some reason, I cry every time. "It's okay daddy... You can shoot us..." or "SHE CAN'T SEE THE SKY!" Oh eeh gad.

I love westerns too. Tombstone is my all time favorite.

"Well, Johnny Ringo... You look like somebody just... Walked over your grave..."

-swoon- Val Kilmer is AMAZING

20. What horse websites to you frequent most?
Uh, I guess this one

21. What is your motto for dealing with horses?
If you're frusterated, so is your horse. Stop, take a deep breath and don't give up!

22. If you could have one ride on any horse in history, who would it be?
Trigger!!!

23. What is your ideal horse day?
Riding on the beach. Always wanted to do that.

24. What is your favorite horse chore?
HAHAHAHA Cleaning sheathes... Please don't ask. I love the looks I get.

25. What is your least favorite horse chore?
Don't got one.

26. What horses do you own now?
One bay appendix mare.

27. If you didn't have a horse, what would you be doing?
Crying.

Okay, so this one time I was cleaning this horse's sheath at an old ranch I used to ride at. I was really getting into it, gettin that sucker SQUEAKY CLEAN! It was SO dirty. And I had my hand up his sheath and I was singing "We're gonna get it CLEEEAAAN squeeaky squeeeaky CLEEEEAAAAAN!!!!" because I'm weird and I sing to my horses... (I am NOT a perverted person, I SWEAR!!!! I'm just sorta goofy) And I hear this noise behind me and I stop and turn around. Well, this guy was standing behind me with his wife and son and his eyes were HUGE O_O. His mouth was gaping. It turned out the owner was having an after church party and he was trying to find the house. I didn't even bother explaining. I just pointed in the direction and tried to hide my shame. LOL.

So uh, yeah just thought I'd share to clarify why I like cleaning sheaths. Y'all can sleep in peace tonight, resting assured in the story I just told you. -bows- And to all a goodnight!!