The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Critigue my summer's worth of riding? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/critigue-my-summers-worth-riding-34499/)

juniormylove 08-22-2009 08:05 AM

Critigue my summer's worth of riding?

Mhm, so I put together all the riding video's I've gathered over the summer (: i know a lot of them are bad angles, but if you could critique me on any of it? Don't critique the horses please, they're not mine.

Thanks!

I don't know what video you've seen before and what you haven't soo... yeah.

(:

Jillyann 08-22-2009 10:42 AM

For only riding one summer, you look awesome! You have a really good seat, and your feet couldnt look better!

juniormylove 08-22-2009 03:07 PM

Oops, I definitely worded my post weird, this isn't my first summer riding, it'll actually be 6 years in the winter (: I did make that confusing though...sorry about that!

Thanks, though!

kchfuller 08-23-2009 08:20 PM

this is my two cents:

support support support

you need to support your horse, no matter which horse you are ridding you need to support them with your leg. I would like to see you keep contact with them, not for speed so no kicking.

But you look good and it is GREAT that you are riding different horses!

juniormylove 08-24-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kchfuller (Post 386278)
this is my two cents:

support support support

you need to support your horse, no matter which horse you are ridding you need to support them with your leg. I would like to see you keep contact with them, not for speed so no kicking.

But you look good and it is GREAT that you are riding different horses!

haha that's actually what my trainer and I are working on now! Well, my new trainer. For all the videos except the junior/joey ones, I was with my old trainer who was all reins/no leg. Now we're really working on strengthening and using my leg (hence all the two point and random posting) but i am definitely trying to get better about that.

thanks - I love being able to ride all sorts of horses! it's really been great, keeps me from getting away with much hehehe

kchfuller 08-24-2009 12:45 PM

haha good trainers think alike ;)

(id like to hope i am a good trainer :) )

ladybugsgirl 08-24-2009 12:51 PM

very cute horse and he is BIG. You are a great rider. Keep it up.

JustDressageIt 08-24-2009 06:32 PM

I would just like to add that when your horse refuses, don't pull him awa from the fence. This will encourage him to refuse. I suggest keeping his nose pointed towards the fence and backing him up until you're a few strides away to attempt again

cheply 08-25-2009 03:41 AM

Looked like you were tipped forward on one of the canters at the end there.

ChingazMyBoy 08-25-2009 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustDressageIt (Post 387093)
I would just like to add that when your horse refuses, don't pull him awa from the fence. This will encourage him to refuse. I suggest keeping his nose pointed towards the fence and backing him up until you're a few strides away to attempt again

Thats a really good idea, thanks that will help me as well.:-)