The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Missouri Fox Trotter (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/missouri-fox-trotter-3456/)

ahearn 09-22-2007 10:00 AM

Missouri Fox Trotter

Anyone out there had any experience with a MFT? We purchased one about a month ago. I had never even heard of this type of horse. I rode him and FELL IN LOVE!! The smoothest gait ever! I've look through the site and surprisingly no one has posted about them!

He is a big baby with such a great demeanor. He is a little rusty but we are working with him! Let me know if you know anything about the breed!

Friesian Mirror 09-24-2007 07:17 PM

Hi there!

My parents breed them and are pretty knowledgeable about them, though of course we're not experts. We've had them for six years now and I own two of my own :D They're a great breed, very smart; sweet; calm and are a great ride. They come in all of the colors that you see in other breeds and there are some that are curly, though there aren't too many of them.The Foxtrot is a very smooth gait, and the Running Walk is great as well. I love their temperment and how they are built. I can also tell you about their history if you like :D Let me know if you need anymore info on them, I'll be glad to answer any questions if I can!

This is a good place to go for more information on them: Foxtrottersales.com after you get there look in the Ranch directory, and you can go to any of the sites there, email anyone you like if you would like to talk to someone, everyone we've met so far have been very friendly are are glad to talk about their horses!

ahearn 09-25-2007 08:58 AM

Thank you so much for the information! I'll be going to that site after I post this! His coloring is just beautiful. He's a black and white Tobiano with a curly white mane and black and white tail. I'll post pics soon. Would love to see pics of your two!

Friesian Mirror 09-25-2007 08:19 PM

Hi!

Your welcome, I'm glad I could help :D I would love ot see pictures of him! I'll post some pictures of mine as soon as I can!

Gypsy is my 11 yr old mare, she is a bay sabino with a blaze and 3 socks and a white spot on her belly. She's very sweet and is a good riding horse, she hasn't been ridden in a year due to her foal; so we're working to get back into shape.

The other is my 6 month old colt. He is a palomino with a star and snip. He's very sweet as well, but needs some attention :) I don't have a name for him yet, but I'm working on it. Maybe Reno?? I'm going to geld him later on and keep him to ride if everything goes well.