The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Mustang Critque (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/mustang-critque-346841/)

danicelia24 01-16-2014 01:31 AM

Mustang Critque

4 Attachment(s)
I was just wondering if anyone would critique my Mustang mare. She's 16 years old and 14.1 so she wont grow out of anything but I was just curious. I'm going to breed her this spring and I know the stallion has wonderful conformation so I was curious about my girls conformation.

tinyliny 01-16-2014 02:02 AM

looks like she's got some draft in her. She's a darn nice mare!

danicelia24 01-16-2014 02:15 AM

Thank you she has a wonderful personality to boot!

wakiya 01-16-2014 02:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Her hip shape reminds me a bit of a Friesian in the last photo. It's pretty hard to see her shoulder, but that's beacause she's so gorgeously black. What are your plans with her?

danicelia24 01-16-2014 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakiya (Post 4542417)
Her hip shape reminds me a bit of a Friesian in the last photo. It's pretty hard to see her shoulder, but that's beacause she's so gorgeously black. What are your plans with her?

Last year I showed in in Hunter Under Saddle and Hunter Hack which she placed second in Hunter Hack and 3rd in Hunter Under Saddle...since show seasons over she mostly just been a trail horse.

danicelia24 03-01-2014 09:15 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some better conformation pictures.

ForeverSunRider 03-01-2014 09:33 PM

You should post pictures of the stallion. Your mare doesn't have any obvious faults that I can see. Her withers look really prominent but that's about all I see at first glance. And of course, that's not an issue lol

danicelia24 03-01-2014 09:36 PM

The only ones I have right now of him are on my breeding thread but I will contact the owner of him and see if she can send any
Posted via Mobile Device

KigerQueen 03-01-2014 10:23 PM

Oh she is just horrible! You should let me take her so you dont have to look at her.... Lol Jk she is perfect!

smrobs 03-01-2014 10:24 PM

She's a nice mare for a mustang, but I feel the need to ask....why are you planning to breed her when there are thousands just like her (and better conformed) that you can pick up for $125.....color, size, temperament, and conformation of your choice?

Anyway, she's a decent mare but does have quite a few faults (like any mustang, lord knows mine has his issues LOL). She's very long through her back with a weak coupling, and it also appears she's got the start of a sway back, which being bred could make worse. She is slightly calf kneed, her right knee is a little offset and she's a bit clubby on her right front hoof. Any or all of those may be genetic and passed on to a foal, possibly ending up worse than what she's got.

She's a bit camped under on her hind end and post legged, straight through her hocks and stifles. Her shoulder and croup have nice angles but her neck is short and her head is coarse.

Have you browsed the BLM online adoption gallery? They've got dozens of horses to choose from, most of which are young but some are already gentled on the ground and there are a few started under saddle.
https://www.blm.gov/adoptahorse/onlinegallery.php