The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How much do you pay for board?

5K views 30 replies 28 participants last post by  Lucara 
#1 ·
Hey there. I was wondering how much you all pay for board and what you get. Heres a form to fill out saying what the barn offers and where in the US/CA/EU it's located. I'm filling it out with my barns info.

Price per month: $700 US
Stalls: 50, 12x12 each. Automatic waterers. Fly sprayers
Tack room: 2 tack rooms, saddle and bridle racks and a locker for each boarder.
Arenas: Indoor is 80x200 sand. Outdoor is 100x200 all weather sand. Indoor is lighted, both in and out have full course of jumps.
Pastures: several large pastures and small paddocks. Group and single turnout.
Care: Grain and hay 2-5x a day, unlimited hay, stalls cleaned 1x daily, blanketing, turnout, boots added ect.
Other: Full service lounge w/ couches and laundry room. Laundry service 2x a week included in board. 3 heated tack stalls, 1 heated wash rack. Fans on each stall.

So what does your barn offer and charge? I just want an idea of what different areas charge.

See less See more
#29 ·
$395 USD/mo. Full care.

-New "main barn" that includes 11 stalls for full board (ranging from 9x12 - 12x12) however, some of the walls between the stalls were taken down. Coincidentally my horse has the biggest stall which I believe is at the moment 12x24. It was the foaling stall.
-60x60 indoor riding arena connected to the main barn. Sure it's on the small side but it gets the job done.
-Hay and feed storage
-Heated wash rack with unlimited cold and instant hot water
-Elevated indoor observation area

-100x200 outdoor arena with excellent drainage surrounded by flex-fence safety fencing
-70' round pen with drainage for beginning schooling and green horse training
-"Tack Shack" with coded lock door for boarders: Each boarder has one bridle hook and one saddle rack, with space for tack trunks
-"The Palace" for schoolhorse tack

-Stalls cleaned daily (as needed)
-Horses are outdoors as much as possible, unless it is too hot or too cold, or storming

-Group lessons (3+ per lesson) $25
-Private lessons $30 I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.