The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   God was watching over my brother the other night.... (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/god-watching-over-my-brother-other-34823/)

Angel_Leaguer 08-27-2009 07:39 AM

God was watching over my brother the other night....

My brother started up his college classes again this week and him and his friends wanted to do some catching up. He goes to a tech school back were I grew up and the local places will do events for reduced prices or free for the students during the first week back. They decided to meet at the movie theater and decide from there what they wanted to do.

My brother was driving his motorcycle that night and was the first to arive at the theater and had taken off his helmet and threw it in his bag. After the guys all showed up they decided to head over to the bowling alley for a few rounds of free bowling. Since the bowling alley is just across the street my brother threw his bag with his helmet into a friends car and started driving.

To get to the bowling alley you have to go through a 4-way stop. My brother was coming up to the stop sign when he was rear ended. The impact threw him over his handle bars and landed in front of his bike part way into the intersection. Thankfully many people had saw the hit and came to help (also stopping traffic). The gal that struck him was devestated and called the cops on herself to report the accident. She addmitted to looking down at something in the car and when she looked up it was too late.

Other then some scrapes and bruises my brother will be fine- he swears now that he will never go without his helmet again. He knows that he is really lucky. It is amazing what can happen in a half a block of driving. I haven't seen his bike but my mom said that the handle bars are all bent up and it is dripping oil all over her garage (my dad went and picked up the bike for him). Im guessing that the insurance company will end up totalling it out (since the frame is probably bent and my brother will probably cry himself to sleep when he has to hand it over... he LOVES that bike)

But like I said to him "bikes can be replaced but people can not."

TaMMa89 08-27-2009 08:59 AM

Phew :roll:! Your brother has been LUCKY!

I think about just like your last sentence says: bikes can be replaced but people can not.

mls 08-27-2009 09:43 AM

Small towns can be worse for driving than the big city.

SO very glad to hear he is ok.

TaMMa89 08-27-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaMMa89 (Post 388985)
Phew :roll:! Your brother has been LUCKY!

Wrong smiley. I meant :shock:.

free_sprtd 08-27-2009 02:58 PM

Oh my thanks God!!! Yes helmets are so important, im so happy for your family that he is ok.

Walkamile 08-27-2009 08:37 PM

He was indeed very fortunate. Guardian angel was on the ball! :wink:

Angel_Leaguer 08-28-2009 06:54 AM

Thanks everyone, we are glad he is ok as well- a bit of a eye opener for everyone thats for sure.