The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Stallions and Broodmares (http://www.horseforum.com/stallions-broodmares/)
-   -   Morgan Stallion Opinions (http://www.horseforum.com/stallions-broodmares/morgan-stallion-opinions-350466/)

lillahimed 01-22-2014 12:59 PM

Morgan Stallion Opinions

This stallion doesn't belong to me but I adore his looks and have heard wonderful things about his temperament. I would love to here opinions on breeding him to a black arabian mare. Here he is Jericho's White Knight- Perlino Dun Morgan - Jericho Creek Farms Morabs, Morgans and Arabians

CLaPorte432 01-22-2014 01:05 PM

893 Attachment(s)
am I missing something? The photos are of a baby and not good for any sort of critique, conformation or stallion...

are there no adult photos of him?
Posted via Mobile Device

MN Tigerstripes 01-22-2014 01:09 PM

From the looks of it they aren't going to do anything with him, just stud him out right away. He's a 2009 baby and available for stud in 2011. Of course, he's 5 now and no new pics?

I'd want updated pics and some sort of show, trail, done SOMETHING, record before I'd consider breeding any mare to him.

smrobs 01-22-2014 02:07 PM

That's a peeve of mine. If the owners are going to offer him up as a stud prospect, the least they can do is keep his site updated with current, good quality photos that do him justice.

Also, as MN said, there's no statement that he's done anything in his life beyond convert grass to poop.

Personally, I would never breed to a stud that didn't have some sort of profession. I wouldn't care if his sole purpose in life was carrying his owner down the trails, but he better be dang good at it....though I'd want something more than that in any stud prospect I was looking at.

lillahimed 01-22-2014 06:32 PM

I agree that did peeve me a bit. But I have met one of his foals and adored her. Perfect conformation, personality, ect.. The people who run the facility are very bad about updating. I heard that most of their animals are very well trained, of course, it could be complete bs.

wakiya 01-22-2014 06:35 PM

I'd need to see pictures of him now to judge
Posted via Mobile Device

lillahimed 01-22-2014 06:45 PM

Should I pass on him then?

CLaPorte432 01-22-2014 06:51 PM

893 Attachment(s)
i personally would. there is no effort in promoting him. but thats for you to decide. you could go visit him and see how he is, but i wouldnt breed to any stallion where an owner cant put forth an effort to put up good, recent pictures of him.
Posted via Mobile Device

lillahimed 01-22-2014 06:55 PM

Thanks for the advice :)

Skyseternalangel 01-22-2014 07:03 PM

If you're serious about breeding, request more information about him!