The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Should I Buy? (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/should-i-buy-352898/)

hgbtx 01-26-2014 12:52 PM

Should I Buy?

Easy-Gaited Trail Horses For Sale - Are YOU Ready to Ride!
Remington is the horse I'm looking at. What are your opinions on him. I live in Texas, but I take frequent vacations elsewhere to trail ride.

SullysRider 01-26-2014 01:45 PM

Are you buying long distance? I couldn't tell if that horse was in TX or not. Honestly I would pass, it seems like they are pushing him as being amazing WAY too much. Makes me leery, if you can try him and he is all that great, then sure. But long distance? No. The people selling him remind me of used car salesmen for sure.

hgbtx 01-26-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SullysRider (Post 4617322)
Are you buying long distance? I couldn't tell if that horse was in TX or not. Honestly I would pass, it seems like they are pushing him as being amazing WAY too much. Makes me leery, if you can try him and he is all that great, then sure. But long distance? No. The people selling him remind me of used car salesmen for sure.

Ok, thanks.

Dreamcatcher Arabians 01-26-2014 01:56 PM

If you're really interested, make arrangements to go test ride him and have PPE done before you finalize the deal.

hgbtx 01-28-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher Arabians (Post 4617402)
If you're really interested, make arrangements to go test ride him and have PPE done before you finalize the deal.

I asked the person selling him and they said he was already sold, but their website hadn't been updated yet. Thanks for helping though!

Bellasmom 01-29-2014 12:25 PM

I think these folks are horse traders, I've never heard anything negative about them, but they are asking TOP dollar on their horses. iMO, you can get equally nice horses at 1/2 those prices elswhere. Gaited horses are fairly scarce in Tx, but are literally a dime a dozen elsewhere. NOBODY I knew rode gaited when I lived in DFW, moved a few hours away to SW AR & EVERYBODY rides gaited.

SlideStop 01-29-2014 01:27 PM

My friend with MS ordered (I say ordered because she bought her sight unseen and had her shipped to her house) a horse from theses people. She had been talking to the woman at Heavens Gait for a while and they swore she was the perfect horse for her (my friend has "special needs").

I was not happy that she had done that, but I had no control over what she did. Anyways, the horse was plump and happy in the video. When she stepped off the trailer she was 300 pounds under weight. They claimed she was 10 when she was only 6. They swore up and down they were going to send her registration papers and they never did. She knew practically nothing except left right and forward.

In the end everything worked up, though there were lots of bumps in the road. She certainly isn't thee horse I would have picked out for my friend, but we have made it work.

That said I'd NEVER buy from them again!!
Posted via Mobile Device

hgbtx 01-29-2014 03:19 PM

Thanks for all the advice. It helps a lot when deciding who's reputable and who's not.

SlideStop 01-29-2014 03:35 PM

One more thing... The BO where my friend kept her horse also got a horse from them at the same time (long story). I got the "pleasure" of riding him too. Good weight and in good health.... Just a lunatic. He would just explode, rearing, bucking, etc. He was constantly FULL of energy and was always spooky. And once he "went off" there was no getting him back. NOT a horse you would give to a woman in her late 50s who want to mosey on trail. Not the horses fault, totally the seller's.
Posted via Mobile Device