The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Miniature Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/miniature-horses/)
-   -   Mini's can and will get into everything :( (http://www.horseforum.com/miniature-horses/minis-can-will-get-into-everything-35406/)

CowGirlUp9448 09-05-2009 02:54 PM

Mini's can and will get into everything :(

Arrow is the noisiest little thing ever! We have a creek running through our property and it is at the top part of the smallest section of the fields. We have a section that was dug deeper to make a small swimming hole for the kids (and occasional horses lol). Well with that being said, we had left some of those plastic chairs out there the last time we were over there playing in the creek (and this is before I got Arrow..So I just didn't think about moving them).. You wouldn't believe what happened! Arrow had some how managed to get the arm part stuck around his neck!! He had got it stuck and came back down to the lower part of the field and was running around the field with the chair around his neck! Rain and my brother's Paly were trying to help him get it off but they couldn't so they took off and left him there and he was frantically running and whinning. My dad seen him and told me to come out there because they couldn't calm him down long enough to help him.. So by the time I get out there he is sweating and looks terrified. Poor little boy. I was so scared he was going to hurt himself. But when he seen me he came running and stood still while I got it off him. Then he whinnied for the other horses and took off playing like nothing had even happened!! I followed him back up to the smaller section and gave him a very detailed check and LUCKILY he is perfectly fine and still getting into things lol...

Lesson learned: DONT leave ANYTHING in his sight esp. if you don't want him getting into it..

Things could of happened in a totally different way. Mini's sure do get into everything though..Gosh I still have a lot to learn about them.

Just thought I would share this with all you other Mini lovers :)

CheyAut 09-06-2009 12:09 AM

Since he's ok, I feel safe laughing! Sorry, just picturing it... I DO feel bad for him and am thankful he's ok though! :) Iv'e had goats get stuck in weird things like that before! Silly critters!

ChingazMyBoy 09-06-2009 02:15 AM

Glad his okay!

SoMuchManureSoLittleTime 09-06-2009 01:48 PM

Yep, minis are the most curious things. They are full of mischief.

Last winter, we kept the weaners in the barn. One little guy who has always been smart as a tack found a way to open his stall door. He walked past all the other horses and went down and opened his little girlfriend's stall.

Together they absolutely trashed the barn. They tore open sacks of shavings, pulled hay bales off the stack, opened the treat pail and ate them, tore open feed sacks and made a real mess.

In the morning my hubby yelled and said to come quick. He was so mad at them, he refused to do the clean up. I did the clean up job which took all morning, but I laughed all the time I did it. That little fellow is so clever. We should have named him Houdini.

After that we double locked his stall.

CowGirlUp9448 09-07-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheyAut (Post 396634)
Since he's ok, I feel safe laughing! Sorry, just picturing it... I DO feel bad for him and am thankful he's ok though! :) Iv'e had goats get stuck in weird things like that before! Silly critters!

Hehe Yeah I was laughing after I had double checked him. lol He is such a little goof. My fiancee left his Minnow trap in the creek and needless to say we have spent the last two days looking for it. I know what happened to it though lol Arrow has done got a hold of it.. Hehe

CowGirlUp9448 09-07-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoMuchManureSoLittleTime (Post 396922)
Yep, minis are the most curious things. They are full of mischief.

Last winter, we kept the weaners in the barn. One little guy who has always been smart as a tack found a way to open his stall door. He walked past all the other horses and went down and opened his little girlfriend's stall.

Together they absolutely trashed the barn. They tore open sacks of shavings, pulled hay bales off the stack, opened the treat pail and ate them, tore open feed sacks and made a real mess.

In the morning my hubby yelled and said to come quick. He was so mad at them, he refused to do the clean up. I did the clean up job which took all morning, but I laughed all the time I did it. That little fellow is so clever. We should have named him Houdini.

After that we double locked his stall.

I am picturing it now lol That would have been a sight.. Haha Sometimes I think I should leave a camera over there just to see what all he actually does Hehe

dee 09-11-2009 05:56 PM

Mini's aren't the only mischief makers. Dancer is a real escape artist. She got out the other day and we hunted all over for her. Came home and found her in the carport were all the feed barrels were. She pulled the lids off of the alfalfa cubes, the beet pulp, the chicken scratch and the sweet feed. The only thing she ate was the sweet feed. Fortunately, there wasn't much in the barrel, or we'd have had a sick horse!