The Horse Forum (http://www.horseforum.com/forumindex.php)
- Horse Grooming (/horse-grooming/)
- - Mtg?? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/mtg-35450/)
Anyone ever used MTG? I got it yesterday to try to get my horse's tail to grow thicker and longer, and I just wondered what results anyone else has had with it? Also...
1. Has anyone used it on their horse's forelock?? Sandie has a really short, thin forelock and I'd love to thicken it up if possible...
2. When I got it and was telling my barn manager about it, he told me the best thing for a horse's tail is rain water! Anyone else heard of that?
3. Can you also use it on the body to make hair grow back? Sandie has little black flecks all over her because her skin is black, so it appears like black speckles on her buckskin coat where she has little knicks (from who knows what, they were there when I got her).
PS...MTG smells nasty, like smoked bacon grease, and if you get it on your hands they will smell like that too until you've washed them like 20 times!!! lol :lol:
I have used it on my Paints Forelock, 'cause its so small. So far is looks ehn... okay. I have to use it more often. O.o Only thing is that he got some dandruff looking stuff all over his forelock. I dont know if it was the MTG or some of the Vit E cream I used. I'm trying really hard to make it grow.
Yeah Paints and QH's forelocks are non existent it seems! lol Mine's a solid Paint, QH bloodlines on the dam's side and overos on the sire's...she's basically a QH ;-) And she looks and acts like one too!
Took her on trail yesterday and was racing with my friend's Paint, and WOW can they run!!!
Yeeeeeeeeah Paints are very speedy. My paint likes to keep things at a fast gait and hes never lazy. The days he is I'm like THANK GOODNESS. Ahah.
Yes, I love MTG. And I think that they do put bacon grease in it. But it has worked really well for me.
I love MTG. I'm too lazy to use it now cause it smells SO bad, but I have used it on Spirit's forelock and it works wonders. It's worked SO great on his tail!!! His tail grew like 4 inches in a month. I've never heard of rain water helping . . .
"The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand, is when I carried you..." I LOVE that story <3 <3 <3
Ah, MTG is good stuff. It smells like bacon though, LOL! :P But yeah, I've used it on the forelock before. But it doesn't always work.
For example, one horse I know, Trooper...he just has a very thin forelock. It just doesn't grow, no matter what. Lol, it just depends. Worth a try, though!
I just recently used MTG for rain rot on my rescue horse. It worked great. I use rubber gloves that way my hands don't stink.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.