The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hello From SoCal! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hello-socal-35513/)

dominoschica 09-07-2009 09:28 AM

Hello From SoCal!

3 Attachment(s)
Hello Everybody!

My name is Heather and I am new to The Horse Forum (obviously :wink:). I have to say that it is absolutely amazing! I'm already addicted.

So a little about myself, I am 18 and born and raised in Southern Cali. I have been riding since I was 10. I have a love affair with Paint horses, though I love all breeds. I had a wonderful black and white Paint gelding, Pay Day Oreo Magic aka Domino, that I rescued from an abuse/neglect situation when he was 2, I was 12, I started him and we were winning blues within months! I showed him a lot as a 3 year old, and then after that we would show a few times a year, but mostly he was just my everything horse, I could ask him to do anything... jumping, cattle sorting, barrel racing, western pleasure, giving lessons...anything I asked him to do, he would put his whole heart into it, even if he really didn't really enjoy that particular activity. Unfortunately, I had to sell him last year due to financial reasons, but luckily his new mom texts me all the time and sends me pics and videos of him, and I'm very glad he is somewhere where he is loved and spoiled like he was with me.

Anyways, my current horse is a 10 year old mare, Zippos Love Letters aka Lovie. She is triple registered Paint, QH, and Pinto. Seal bay with overo face and four white socks. I show western pleasure on her, and she is ALWAYS in the blues. This mare is an attention-getting. I get compliments on her every where I go. She is the best thing in my life right now...

Anyways, I talked more about the horses then me, but I'm looking forward to getting to know you all! If anyone ever wants to chat, let me know, I am always up for making new friends!

(some pictures of Lovie)

RoCru 09-07-2009 12:56 PM

Welcome to the forum....Lovie is beautiful!

Icrazyaboutu 09-09-2009 01:13 AM

What part of socal? I am pretty sure the arena in the last picture is the norco one. am i correct?

uhlysse 09-09-2009 01:13 AM

Hi Heather! :D I think we've met before, right? ;]

Haha. Aww, Lovie. I'm so glad she's doing good!

dominoschica 09-09-2009 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icrazyaboutu (Post 399029)
What part of socal? I am pretty sure the arena in the last picture is the norco one. am i correct?

Southern.

I live in Rialto, I will soon be getting my own horse and be keeping him in Rancho Cuchamonga. The picture of Lovie and I receiving the blue ribbon is in Norco, yes. =] Where are you located?? It's great to know there are people close to me on here!

dominoschica 09-09-2009 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uhlysse (Post 399030)
Hi Heather! :D I think we've met before, right? ;]

Haha. Aww, Lovie. I'm so glad she's doing good!

Haha. I think I have met with you a time or two. =] .... or like a million. But yea.

Oh, and just to clarify to every one, Lovie is a friend's horse that I ride and show. She is basically "mine", because I'm the only one that is allowed to ride her. lol