The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   This horse... Or THAT Horse!! AhHh! (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/horse-horse-ahhh-35553/)

XxHunterJumperxX 09-07-2009 08:23 PM

This horse... Or THAT Horse!! AhHh!

I have to choose between LJS Mirador... And Eldorado.

LJS Mirador is a filly up for sale for $5,000.
Eldorado is the gelding I am leasing for $240 a month.

Eldo is great in dressage, but HATES to jump.
Mira/Dora is green, but loves to jump. She has only free jumped before.

I love to jump! I am training for Hunters, and I am not into the huge shows. Now, you can see them both in my barn, but I only have videos of Mira.

Thank you!
XxHJxX

XxHunterJumperxX 09-07-2009 08:24 PM

Oh yeah, and Mirador is my avatar.

SpiritJordanRivers 09-07-2009 08:51 PM

Get Mirador since you want to jump and she loves it, but only if you have a trainer to help you with her since she is green.

Jettie 09-07-2009 09:19 PM

I would say get Mirador but as the other person stated you should aswell get a trainer. Depending on where you live you get get a horse that is not green over fences for $5,000 and that could cut down on lessons/training and could cut down the costs. And since your not into showing it doesnt really matter what breed/show experiance the horse has so Im sure you could find others! :)

XxHunterJumperxX 09-07-2009 09:27 PM

Thanks guys! Thats been the common response... Now I just have to talk to my mom.
Which will be hard 0.0
Jettie- No, I can't. Not any that aren't Arabians.
It stinks, but its true.
SpiritJordanRivers- I don't need a trainer, I have trained many horses to jump before. They were all a sucess (see the Riding and horse Critique section... my "finished product")
Thank you though for the thought =]

SpiritJordanRivers 09-07-2009 09:36 PM

Oh sorry! I thought you were my age for some reason . . . yeah I wasn't implying that you couldn't train your own horse.

1dog3cats17rodents 09-07-2009 09:40 PM

Everyone can use a trainer. I have trained horses to jump, but so have lots of people. Doesn't mean you don't need a trainer. The professional rider who tains my horse still has my trainer watch her from the ground. You can't tell everything from in the saddle, EVERYONE benefits from having a pair of experienced eyes on the ground

roro 09-07-2009 09:48 PM

I wouldn't buy either, look for an experienced jumping horse. It would save you a lot of money and trouble.

Brighteyes 09-08-2009 02:00 AM

I don't really know much about picking horses, but a wise person once told me that attitude equals success. If you want to jump, get a horse that loves it too. It will be a lot easier on the both of you. :D