The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   im so proud of my boy! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/im-so-proud-my-boy-35651/)

happygoose123 09-09-2009 05:34 AM

im so proud of my boy!

so my georgeous chucky boy had a problem with both front hooves about 9 or 10 months ago and they have only just come good now and i can start riding him agian!! about 6 or so months before his hooves went bad he was a terror. he is one of those horses that just LOVES to run and just wants to go go go!!! he has a VERY hard mouth so it was very often that i would have blisters on my fingurs after a ride! he would always jig jog, or canter pretty muh on the spot, he was very hard to keep back! and just before his hooves went bad i had him behaving soooo well, any one could have riden him, his mouth wasnt as hard, he wouldnt try to run when u didnt want to and he would just be perfect. i rode him once about a month ago briefly and he was back to the start... which i was expecting. then today i decided to go for a ride with a friend and i was expecting him to be a horror, but he was perfect!! a couple of unasked for canters up a hill but thats it, i was even walking AND trotting on a LOOSE rein!!!! he was brilliant!! i am sooooo proud of him, he is the most awesomest horse EVER!!!!:-P i love him <3 just had to share :lol:

hollybee 09-09-2009 05:43 AM

aww brilliant, sounds like he was a little star !
glad you had a nice time =]

makin tracks 09-09-2009 06:38 AM

Horses are just like kids aren't they. They seem to give you the opposite of what you expect.

Great that you had a fantastic ride - hope it continues for you

AussieDaisyGirl 09-09-2009 09:18 AM

Great news! Hopefully he stays on the straight and narrow! Yay!

happygoose123 09-09-2009 07:33 PM

thanks :D he is just the best! i am expecting him to go the oposite way some days but i was just soo proud of him yesterday, im over the moon!! i couldnt ask for a better horse!!