The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   My Daughter riding by herself for the 1st time (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/my-daughter-riding-herself-1st-time-35704/)

DisneyCowgirl1901 09-10-2009 12:43 AM

My Daughter riding by herself for the 1st time

8 Attachment(s)
This was the first time my daughter rode her pony Teddy for the first time by herself! She's 2 1/2 years old! Granted Teddy is an ex-pony ride pony, and as long as there's a circle he'll walk it, it still amazes me that he is SO good! Please no comments on her not having a helmet on. I KNOW! Finding a helmet to fit her has been hell, but I think I found one online. I Just have to measure her head. I was always within a few feet of her at all time just in case, though Teddy is quiet literally bombproof :)

Teddy is the BEST first pony any little girl could ever ask for. Every time he hears her get out of the car he whinnies to her and the moment she's in reach he gives her a big sloppy kiss!!! I don't think I have ever seen a bond quiet like theirs!

APHA MOMMA 09-10-2009 12:59 AM

AWWWW, she is sooo adorable. My daughter is 2 and she rides my friends mini and she rides with me on the bigger horses so I JUST bought her a helmet today. It was really good priced. Here is the website if you want it. Schneider Saddlery
This helmet is just too cute. The shipping is like $9.95 I think which isn't bad at all. Man I need to get a pony for my daughter. :)

DisneyCowgirl1901 09-10-2009 01:15 AM

thanks so much :)

Kiki 09-10-2009 05:14 AM

LOL so cute. I love the expressions on kid's faces when u put them on a horse!!

dashygirl 09-10-2009 08:47 AM

How exciting! She'll be addicted forever now. Thanks mom! ;)

Pinto Pony 09-10-2009 09:11 AM

Soooo cute! As for a helmet, I had my niece use her bike helmet. They make them small enough and it may not be the same standard as a riding helmet, but a good fitting helmet is better then none or one that is too big/heavy.

FGRanch 09-10-2009 11:50 AM

Way to cute! Thanks for sharing! My little guy is three and has yet to ride by himself yet.

PalominoStarsky 09-10-2009 02:37 PM

That is so adorable. She looks like she is really enjoying it.

Jillyann 09-10-2009 02:57 PM

Thats cute and all, but the saddle does NOT fit that pony, and she really needs a helmet! Horses and ponies alike are all unpredictable.

smrobs 09-10-2009 05:58 PM

That is just too adorable. She's a lucky girl, my first horse was a mini burro that was green broke. My first experience with being bucked off came from him. LOL. That is great that you have such a wonderful horse for her to start out on. :D