The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Tell me about my Arab's lineage? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/tell-me-about-my-arabs-lineage-35770/)

SFMoneyMarket 09-10-2009 11:34 PM

Tell me about my Arab's lineage?

This is my horse's bloodlines, I'm pretty sure they are good, but I'm not a complete expert yet =P I'd just like to see what others have to say.

Sf Money Market Arabian

SFMoneyMarket 09-10-2009 11:56 PM

Sorry for the double post..
Is it okay that he has Bask three times in his lines?

WSArabians 09-11-2009 12:21 AM

Your boy is so cute, I just wanna hug him!

Anyhow, it's okay he's got Bask three times. It's staggered throughout his breeding so he's not inbred by any means.

His sire line has some excellent Polish breeding! Bask, Cognac, Comet (One of the most influential Polish sire's) and Witraz.
I LOVE all of these horses and have several that go back to these lines simply because of their trainbility, their athletic ability, and their brains.
I love how clost Comet is up on his top side. He was a super horse.
Witraz is another great name and an extremely important Polish sire. He threw some of the most incredibly beautiful and athletic foals in his time.

Then we also have Nabor, who goes back to Negatiw and Showronek.

El Ghazi is a great Polish bred stallion who was imported by Lasma Arabians, who's imported some other wonderful Polish Arabians. El Ghazi is a grandson of Celebes, another wonderful producing son of the great Witraz.

He has some awesome Polish breeding, with some Crabbet and Desert bred breeding on his dam's tail line, but also nice as well.
Greatly put, if he were a stallion I would seriously consider breeding a few of my mares to him. :D

Wallaby 09-11-2009 12:44 AM

Guess what? My girl Lacey and your boy are related! =D They both have Bask, Comet and Witraz on their dad's side. I'm sure there are plenty of horses out there with the same 3 but still, it seems cool. =P

WSArabians 09-11-2009 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallaby (Post 400720)
Guess what? My girl Lacey and your boy are related! =D They both have Bask, Comet and Witraz on their dad's side. I'm sure there are plenty of horses out there with the same 3 but still, it seems cool. =P

I've got two of them:

Jrr Surf Dancer Arabian

And Comet is over here:

Comets Bey Lee Arabian

:lol:

Wallaby 09-11-2009 01:22 AM

They just have a.....a.....large extended family. :lol:

It's nice to be able to see "relatives" no matter how far removed. =P

SFMoneyMarket 09-11-2009 04:21 PM

Wow thanks for all that info, WSA! That was great information. I'm pleased to know he's so well bred =]

And haha, I think he would be the worst arab stallion ever. He's got no clue he's supposed to have a lot of energy and I don't think I've ever seen him prance around, lol. He's pretty sure he's a QH.

Yay for relatives! It's always interesting to see Mark's brothers/sisters no matter how closely related they are.

Here's a pic, I have to show it because I just got it and I'm in love lol. He's such a camera hog.

http://i29.tinypic.com/2j5cev8.jpg

WSArabians 09-12-2009 03:07 PM

You're welcome! I love looking into all Arabian pedigrees. :)

LOL
My stallion Khoda was like that. Mare? Yeah, and? He got it figured out though. :p

He's a beautiful boy! Such a wonderfu eye, too!

SFMoneyMarket 09-13-2009 11:02 PM

Aww thanks!

mom2pride 09-14-2009 11:21 PM

He has more Witraz than Bask in his line, but even there it's pretty far back.

Witraz and Bask are the two horses that stand out most to me...others may recognize more.

I take it back, El Ghazi is one I recognize, because he is in my mom's horse's bloodline.

I think your boy has some pretty decent lineage, really :D