The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Whats your favourite breed? and why? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/whats-your-favourite-breed-why-35958/)

saxon68 09-14-2009 07:14 AM

Whats your favourite breed? and why?

A good listing here : The Rider Online |

My personal favorite is The Dutch Warmblood Horse. ok i do own one called Ronnie so i am slightly biased!

xLaurenOscarx 09-14-2009 11:17 AM

Im Biased Too!
I Own A Thoroughbred And I Absoultly Adore The Breed!
Love Arabs 2! gorgous! And Irish Sport Horses And Connemara's! They'd Do Anything For You!

Curly_Horse_CMT 09-14-2009 01:32 PM

Bashkir Curlies, first, first, first, always, always, always for me. They are strong, independent, beautiful, unique, hardy and tough. No horse can beat them for versitality in my opinion. I got my first one in December of 2005 and I wouldnt go back on them. I just got my gelding, who is my second curly in May of 2007.

Kayty 09-14-2009 08:43 PM

Definately a hannoverian girl, but also have a soft spot for andalusians (haha i HAVE to I'm about to buy one!!) and looooove my little welsh ponies, got one of those to and they have the cutest little ears!!

FGRanch 09-14-2009 09:33 PM

I have two fave breeds

1) The Quarter Horse, I just love their willing and able minds. They are so versatile going from a cutting horse, to a reining horse, to a hunter/jumper, and even dressage. I just adore them.

2) Morgans, for their calm willing dameanor (sp?) One of the best family/kids horses in my opinion.

paintsrule 09-14-2009 09:44 PM

I love paints because they are just like quarter horses but with color which i love...and i own one ;)

Sunny06 09-14-2009 09:48 PM

Most anything gaited :)

Especially:
- Spotted Saddle Horsess
- Tennessee Walking Horses

charlene1985 09-14-2009 09:50 PM

I have several favorites,

spotted saddle horses-i love the pinto coloring and gaited too WOW who could ask for more?

Paso Finos- IMO the smoothest gaits just wish they were a little bigger lol also one of the most willing breeds as a general rule

Tennessee Walking Horses- smooth gait and very willing

pmclamb 09-15-2009 09:09 PM

Throughbreds are gorgeous, gotta have a thing for Quarter Horses cause my best buddy is a Quarter Horse mare, and finally, from that website that was provided, The Oldenburg horse looks incredible...are any of those bred in the States?

horsechick139 10-21-2009 11:52 PM

my favorite is the Thoroughbred and Arabian they are tied for first ;)
Arabians are so beautiful they take your breath away, and Thoroughbred are so well biult and athletic