The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Eventful day... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/eventful-day-36010/)

Thatgirlsacowboy 09-14-2009 07:42 PM

Eventful day...

Well, school sucked. But luckily my girth came in the mail today! My dad brought the package when he came to pick me up and I flipped out. He goes "Theres a surprise for you in the bed..." and Im like O__O and there it was! In it's brown, card board, wonderfulness!!! AND it's the perfect size!!! I don't know if I told y'all about our first girth mishap, but we ordered the 34 inch and it ended up being WAAAY too big... So now we got the 30 inch and its PERFECT!

I tacked Cricket up today and she was super antsy. She kept looking back at me and moving away from the tack. One of the trainers that walked by said "Just smack her and MAKE her stand still!" But I didn't listen. Instead I went super slow and showed everything to her. The foam pad, the saddle pad, and the saddle. She stood very still afterwards. I'm glad I didn't do it his way and went with my gut instinct.

She lunged great, listened amazingly. We did some ground exersizes too and she did AMAZING. I'm so proud! I'm going to ride her tomorrow after school and I CANT wait! I'm SO excited.

Wish us luck! I'll take lots of pictures =D

AussieDaisyGirl 09-14-2009 09:11 PM

Can't wait to seee pics! So glad your girth finally came!

MIEventer 09-17-2009 09:38 AM

I cannot wait to see piccies!

Good for you for not smacking her, what an aweful thing for someone to suggest.

Ahh school. I don't miss it. lol. Guess what though, here's a downer - life is just as full of drama when you are out of school and into adulthood, as there is in highschool.

There's something to look forward to - lol.

I hope things are better for you :)