The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Love at First Sight? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/love-first-sight-36093/)

LoveTheSaddlebreds 09-15-2009 11:16 PM

Love at First Sight?

Well, I am desperate. I want a quiet horse that's cheap. I like quiet. especially since I do lots of showing and trails. I cant have a crazy thing on a trail or when I'm in an eq class. :P so I was looking around, not really seriously when I found THIS GUY:

DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1445169 - Colonel Galie

http://www.dreamhorse.com/photos/aug/1445169.jpg

I've asked the owner millions of questions about him, hopefully I'll get some answers.. but I LOVE HIM! he's gorgeous, in my opinion. He looks like a beagle for some reason.. o_o

any opinions? I'd like to use him as a trail/jumping/pleasure/eventing/everything horse. :D

LoveTheSaddlebreds 09-15-2009 11:21 PM

bloodlines: Colonel Galie Quarter Horse

MyBoyPuck 09-15-2009 11:29 PM

I love greys. Too bad they don't stay that color as they age. He looks nice.

LoveTheSaddlebreds 09-15-2009 11:40 PM

thanks. yea, he looks like he'll lighten up a bit, but I dont think he'll lighten too much. I'm begging my mom for him. :p

mom2pride 09-16-2009 02:42 AM

I like him :D I say go for it. He's definitely worth a try...

LoveTheSaddlebreds 09-16-2009 09:04 AM

I'm trying. my mom doesnt want a horse at all. I've been working every day for eight hours at my barn and maybe I could get my trainer to knock off the board fees. I mean, he's only $2900. and he doesnt live too far away. I've saved about $500 so I'll just have to beg my mom. Leia, my first horse who I sold in february, was waayy more expensive than this guy AND we showed all that season. My mom said its too expensive to keep a horse, but I'm trying to tell her I dont have to show, I already have the tack and other stuff, I'm working to pay off board fees (or training, whatever he needs) I'm just so desperate for a horse its killing me. :p

dee 09-16-2009 10:10 AM

I'm not much good at conformation, but he does look good. He's well bred, too. I hope your mother will relent and buy him for you - but speaking as a mother, who has WAY more horses than she can really afford, thanks to her kids - don't give her too hard a time. She has to balance the budget so she can feed you - not to mention your horse. The purchase price is the least of the budgetary worries!

Jessabel 09-16-2009 11:49 AM

He's a very nice looking horse and if he really is what the ad claims, he's worth more than the asking price. Convincing your mom will be the hardest part. I'm sure your trainer would decrease your boarding fee if you continue to work at the barn. Hope everything works out for you. :-)

LoveTheSaddlebreds 09-16-2009 12:49 PM

Well, I contacted the owner and apparently he's cheap because he has a ligament injury in his poll so he can only be ridden on loose reins and is only good as a trail horse... so much for that. I REALLY liked him, too. :(

LoveTheSaddlebreds 09-16-2009 01:19 PM

well, I found another one I REALLY like... AND her grandpappy is Secretariat! :D

DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1383559 - Pennsygal

She's pretty nice sounding, except she's a lot more..