The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   So, you think SORING is wrong??? (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/so-you-think-soring-wrong-36125/)

hanse004 09-16-2009 02:53 PM

So, you think SORING is wrong???

HELP US END IT !

For only $30, you can join FOSH (Friends of Sound Horses), the leading non-profit organization fighting to end the abusive practice of soring! $30 dollars isn't much when you think about what the horses are paying every single day!

If you become a member of FOSH, you will receive a complimentary CD from Mary Ann Kennedy OR a DVD from Imagine a Horse while supplies last.

Join now to
STOP THE ABUSE!!

Put an end to Soring in Your Lifetime.

Together, We can MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Visit Friends of Sound Horses (FOSH) at www.fosh.info or www.stopsoring.com for more information or message me personally. I will be glad to answer any questions you may have! We are also always looking for volunteers! Get involved!

Join us on Facebook at: Friends of Sound Horses | Facebook

Follow us on Twitter too! FOSH (FOSHfriends) on Twitter

Thank you for looking!

Sincerely,
Colby Hansen
FOSH Marketing Committee

Amba1027 09-16-2009 08:11 PM

What is soring?

JustDressageIt 09-16-2009 08:30 PM

Soring is where you intentionally irritate the horse's legs and/or feet to make them step higher, or have "bigger" movement.

Sunny06 09-17-2009 05:32 PM

Soring isn't the only form of abuse..

JustDressageIt 09-19-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunny06 (Post 405456)

No, but it's a darn bad one, and right in the public eye.

themacpack 09-19-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunny06 (Post 405456)

No, but any and all attention that can be brought to any form of abuse that may contribute to heightened awareness of and effort to stop the abuse is welcome - and will only help to heighten awareness of other abuses as well.

Sunny06 09-20-2009 05:43 PM

^ Oh, yes I wasn't disagreeing about that.

I wish some rodeos don't do what they do.. But it happens.

JustDressageIt 09-20-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunny06 (Post 407685)
^ Oh, yes I wasn't disagreeing about that.

I wish some rodeos don't do what they do.. But it happens.

You see slight abuse by some people in all disciplines; see my above post... it just seems like the abuse in the TWH world is so much more in the public eye that there shouldn't be obvious abuse like the built up pads, and the chemical soring... it just seems like for such a watched sport, there is a LOT of tolerated corruption that is quite obvious when you know what you're looking at.

Having said that, looking behind the scenes of some other disciplines is just as bad... how long was Mr Wells training and abusing horses for and WINNING before someone finally stepped up?

Sunny06 09-25-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustDressageIt (Post 406963)
No, but it's a darn bad one, and right in the public eye.

And HYPP, some rodeos, some racing, aren't?

Rissa 09-25-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunny06 (Post 411879)
And HYPP, some rodeos, some racing, aren't?

I don't read anywhere in this thread where anyone said HYPP isn't. Or any of it. No one said "Soring is in the public eye but racing and HYPP is kept hush hush."

You kind of make things up as you go along? I'm always confused when I read these threads.

By the way HYPP isn't "IN THE EYE" of the public. Most people have no idea what HYPP is. You don't just "SEE" HYPP unless you see an attack happening and even then you wouldn't have a clue what was going on unless you were educated on the condition. I didn't have a clue till I started joining horse forums. I have nothing to do with QH's though and don't follow anything about them. I understand it now because I sought out information about it after reading threads posts on horse forums.