The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Smart Cinches. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/smart-cinches-36163/)

Jillyann 09-17-2009 12:29 AM

Smart Cinches.

I just bought a felt lined smart cinch from TSC,(( Cinch Up Your Horse With Smart Cinch | Roll Snug Cinch Buckle | Weaver Leather )) and so far, I really like it. I was a spur of the moment thing, because my other cinch slipped, and the neoprene ripped. :? Does anyone else have one? How have they held up? How long have you had it? Have you heard anything good/bad about this cinch?? Do tell!

APHA MOMMA 09-17-2009 12:52 AM

My husband JUST bought me one yesterday at TSC. I haven't used it yet since I had surgery yesterday but I was wondering how well they worked. I also got the felt-lined straight. I really can't wait to get back in shape and use it. It is nice to hear someone else is using it and I hope that it does hold up, it definitely looks sturdy to me.

iridehorses 09-17-2009 09:12 AM

I bought the mohair roper two years ago and love it. I can't tell you how the felt works but the buckle system is great.

Luv 2 Trail 09-17-2009 04:31 PM

:-)I have TWO - I really love the Smart Cinch - wouldn't use anything else!
I have one felt lined and one neoprene - I have had mine for YEARS and they have performed great. Never had any problems, at least so far. I think they are more comfortable for the horse and it's so easy to cinch up
(my opinion!).

reining girl 09-17-2009 05:20 PM

I have one, i dont really like it all that much lol. Its good quality, it just does not work as well as they say, at least to me??? but if you like great!!!

RadHenry09 09-17-2009 06:13 PM

I own 3 , a felt lined cinch, a neoprene, and a string, I love them and I feel that they are easier for me to cinch up because I am short. I have had the felt one for about 3 yrs, the string one for about 2 yrs and the neoprene one for maybe a year. They are holding up great..the string one is started to show signs of wear (pulling apart) but it isnt unsafe but I plan to replace it soon.
They get a lot of use too.

Scoutrider 09-17-2009 06:50 PM

I have a felt lined and a mohair string, and I love them! I don't use the felt one so much, my guys sweat like pigs under it, but the mohair one is awesome! I'd like to replace it soon, like all mohair cinches, after 5 or 6 years it's life expectancy is about up... I'm definitely getting another SmartCinch, though. :D

TwisterRush 09-17-2009 10:35 PM

i was wondering, lol this is such an amatuer question, but would you use the smart cinch as a girth ?
I saw one and it was the neoprene and though of buying one and was thinking it would definitally be a really nice comfortable girth to own. lol, and it looked like a girth just called a cinch... asking this question i feel real dumb ! :P

iridehorses 09-18-2009 06:16 AM

Cinch / girth - just different terms for the same item. Cinch is more of a Western term.

TwisterRush 09-18-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iridehorses (Post 405831)
Cinch / girth - just different terms for the same item. Cinch is more of a Western term.

okay thank you lol, cleared my mind :D