The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Critique my jumping please? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/critique-my-jumping-please-361873/)

equestriangirl5 02-10-2014 09:57 PM

Critique my jumping please?

4 Attachment(s)
Feel free to totally pick me apart! I'm really trying to get perfect eq.
At the moment the thing im focusing on most is my leg since that is your base of support, it's getting better than it used to be... but most of the time it doesn't stay at the girth.
All critique is welcome!
(I plan on competing hunters this summer)
Critique on the horse is welcome as well. The picture that's taken from slightly behind is the 2nd jump coming out of a bounce and is about 2ft. I never really checked the height of the jump with the barrels, but whatever :p

**Sorry for the blurry pictures!**

equestriangirl5 02-10-2014 10:59 PM

In some of the photos you can't really see my leg because of the lighting, but you can see the silver stirrup... So hopefully that helps :)

Nikkibella 02-10-2014 11:05 PM

All I can really see from these photos is that you're rounding your back pretty badly. Try to ...stick you butt out a little more? And arch your lower back. Try it at the trot in two point position, then when you're comfortable with it go ahead and try to do it jumping and have someone take photos to compare :)
Posted via Mobile Device

LostDragonflyWings 02-11-2014 05:28 AM

It looks like you are doing a pretty good job of staying with your horse and keeping out of his/her way!

Your release looks okay, but I do agree that your back is pretty badly rounded, so definitely focus on that. It is kind of hard to tell for sure with these pictures, but make sure you are not pinching with your knees over the jump. Your leg doesn't look too terribly slipped back in any of the pictures, but shaking your knee loose a little more will help with your base. Focus on wrapping your legs around the horse and keeping weight in your stirrups, not pinching with your knees.

Good job!