The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Horse Dares! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/horse-dares-363298/)

TinyTurtles 02-13-2014 04:29 AM

Horse Dares!

Hai!

Does anyone have a huge list of horse dares?!

Thanks! (might make YT video about them :D)

Please don't say stuff like 'they are dangerous' I know what I'm doing! Thanks :lol:

DuffyDuck 02-13-2014 04:36 AM

You have just posted another thread that says you 12hh welshie rears at you, and has struck you on the nose, causing you to have a rather big nose bleed.

I think you need to learn to walk before you run i.e. learn to train a horse to have respect for you.

If you don't, you are being dangerous, and risk causing damage to yourself or the horse, whether it by psychological or physical.

Please get a trainer.

TinyTurtles 02-13-2014 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuffyDuck (Post 4754666)
You have just posted another thread that says you 12hh welshie rears at you, and has struck you on the nose, causing you to have a rather big nose bleed.

I think you need to learn to walk before you run i.e. learn to train a horse to have respect for you.

If you don't, you are being dangerous, and risk causing damage to yourself or the horse, whether it by psychological or physical.

Please get a trainer.

I actually have 3 horses, I'm working on my welsh now but the other two can be angels. I was gonna have some fun with them, NOT my welsh.:oops:
And the other 2 actually respect me.

Saranda 02-13-2014 05:24 AM

With horses, you shouldn't do anything out of ego - to prove how cool or daring you are to others. By doing such things, one may easily become distracted in wanting to prove more and more to others, and lose any of the healthy horsemanship goals they've had. It is only your horse and yourself, to whom you should prove anything, meaning - that you are diligent, consistent, calm, balanced and humble enough to be around horses. "Dares" are not only dangerous; they are of all the things unwise.

You tell that you know what you are doing. But how can we, strangers on the Internet, be sure that you, a stranger on the Internet, really are right? By provoking your ego, we could just get you hurt and put you/your horse in dangerous situations. That would, too, be very unwise.

Reading your other thread, I will, however, dare you to get a good, reputable trainer and listen very carefully what he or she has to say or show. Good luck!

Kayty 02-16-2014 04:04 PM

THAT, TinyTurtles, is called asking for trouble or a death wish.
If you want to play dare games do it with your friends at school, not around horses who can so easily take you out when they don't want to play nice with you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Corazon Lock 02-18-2014 12:39 AM

Yeah, it depends on what dares you are actually thinking of. Just remember not to cross the line where it becomes stupid and extremely hazardous. I've been hurt not doing dares, so I can just imagine what might happen on a dare gone wrong...

dreambig92 02-18-2014 12:45 AM

Keep in mind, doing dares can not only harm you, but if you spook your horse, you could always harm him too. I've seen a horse spook over a 12 year old girl playing "truth or dare horse" and slip and end up breaking a leg and having to be put down. saddest thing ive ever seen. You need to think about things before you do them, being "cool" to others is not worth you or your horses life.

howrsegirl123 02-18-2014 12:54 AM

I think it sounds like a great idea. Be safe and have fun!
Posted via Mobile Device

Bedhead 02-18-2014 11:40 AM

After reading that other thread, this sounds like a bad idea. You can't control that other horse (regardless of if the other two are 'perfect angels', and you want to do dares? It's not safe and someone is going to end up hurt.

tinyliny 02-18-2014 02:14 PM

you people on Horse Forum! why do you always have to be so practical, and sensible.?!! you just take all the fun out of a silly and potentially dangerous lark.