The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   what do you think of this horse (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/what-do-you-think-horse-364857/)

dixon 02-16-2014 01:12 AM

what do you think of this horse

Palomino Arab/quarter horse I don't know. I was looking for a mare or filly and this guy is a gelding. Wanting to try to find a personal horse and I am interested in getting a competitive trail horse or endurance prospect not much in my area not the best photos trying to get better ones the price is low so that's a concern too.

Dreamcatcher Arabians 02-16-2014 01:14 AM

Might be worth looking at. Wouldn't go more than $150 though, plus the papers.

dixon 02-16-2014 01:28 AM

cant imagine them taking only 150 but I may go see him.

Regula 02-16-2014 05:02 AM

Pretty color and nice looking, but doesn't even say how old he is... what are your criteria for picking this one over any other? Arabians are a dime a dozen right now, and all of them seem to be "endurance prospects".
Posted via Mobile Device

Dreamcatcher Arabians 02-16-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixon (Post 4774585)
cant imagine them taking only 150 but I may go see him.

He looks young, not broke, not registered and thus....not worth a dime. If I went to look at such a horse (and I would not) I would carry $150 in cash with me and if I felt like I wanted to waste my money, I'd offer them what I had in pocket, take it or leave it. The market is full of such "prospects".

Tryst 02-16-2014 11:13 AM

Ask them for conformation photos. Nothing can be told from these photos.

dixon 02-16-2014 11:43 AM

horses go for more at auction here and Arabians are not as common in my area because everyone wants ranch horses. As far as what I want temperament is key because I will have this horse for its life so a bond is what I am looking for. When I rescued I took some CRAZY horses that were intent to murder me I am not doing that again my health isn't as good and if I want a project I will take in a dog with behavior issues they eat less lol. Having said that this horse will be the horse I ride I will get one more for packing when I camp but that may end up being a donkey at a auction. Now I wouldn't pay more then 150 for a donkey unless I got one from a rescue. But my riding horse I plan to camp with, and do competitive trail or endurance so a horse that can stand up to it. Looks have a little to do with what I want I horse that looks arab if its all Arabian. I know he isn't pure but he is pretty and I like how he looks. The fact he can be registered is nice and both parents are on site. I am not liking that he isn't rideable yet but I only plan on two equines so I will have the resources and that he is a gelding. I just prefer mares. I am worried about how old he is and I asked about that and for photos of the parents.

Dreamcatcher Arabians 02-16-2014 02:39 PM

That's all well and good but just look with your head and not your heart. Your hear will spend too much on a not so much horse. At auction ( a good auction, not low end meat buyer's auction) here, a young unstarted gelding will sell for $500 or less, IF you emphasize his good quarter horse side and don't mention the Arab in his pedigree. Since he's a pally, he might go for around $500, if he looks like he's real quiet and nice when they bring him through. At the low end auction, I could buy that horse for less $100 by the pound.

Samstead 02-16-2014 03:28 PM

no confo. photos, no videos, doesn't state his age and he's barely started. and they want 400? it must be nice living in fantasy land, round here they'd be laughed at.

Elana 02-16-2014 05:15 PM

I would want to see if he can be caught first........................

Photos are NG for critique other than the horse can gallop.

I hate Craig's list for horses.