The Horse Forum banner

Newbie to this! Hi from the UK!

Tags
introduce
774 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Wild Heart 
#1 ·
Would just like to say hi like everyone else has. :D

I don't have a horse unfortunately as i can't afford :-( I'm 18, i have been riding since I was 5. I had a welsh mountain pony on part loan years ago. I'm studying equine at college at the moment, my best friend of 2 years at college is toby he's on my profile picture he's a gorgeous 15.3hh piebald cob who I'm currently practising for a drill ride with him and my group.

If anyone has any tips of owning a horse like how you do it, (what sort of jobs you have to afford it) thanks :)

P.S i was wondering if anyone in the UK who lives in leek or stoke on trent needs a helping hand on their yard or a riding buddy or knows of any jobs going thanks xx

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum
I'm a fellow Brit who's been living in the US since 2007 - I spent a lot of my life in Staffordshire.
Owning horses doesn't come cheaply but if you can find a job on a good yard there's a chance they'll allow you to keep your own horse there when you do eventually get one.
I hope you're enjoying Equestrian College - its a good way into a career with horses.

#3 ·
Aloha!! I sell my art as my main source of living, but I also started my own company selling vintage clothes online and offering service platforms such as photography, styling and videography. I like this set up because I work from home, make my own hours and I have all day, everyday to spend at the barn. The downside is the income can get really inconsistent. This is when savings make a play!

Good luck on getting your horse!! Oh! Some other cost effective horse tricks; at my barn the BO will buy things like dewormers in bulk, so for example just last week I bought 6 for $25. That's what it costs me for just ONE at the tack store so maybe try looking into stuff like that as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.